Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

which body is wider in footroom?

robbieparts

i am a new member to the forum. need some help please. after many years have gathered parts for a t roadster. which manufacturers body has the most footbox room? i need to have that third pedal down there. dont want to be stepping on my own feet. thanks for the help.

i am a new member to the forum. need some help please. after many years have gathered parts for a t roadster. which manufacturers body has the most footbox room? i need to have that third pedal down there. dont want to be stepping on my own feet. thanks for the help.

I've rode in a few buckets and have seen a fair share of them at the NTBA nationals and I have yet to see one with alot of foot room. The only ones I've seen that did have ample floor board room were cut down the middle and widened by the builder.

Clutch? What's a "clutch"??? That sounds like a Model 'A' thingy not a model 'T' part... :rolleyes: I have an old John Deere with a hand clutch, maybe, naoh.....?...

There is not a lot of room in a tbucket but if you use a steer clear ( speedway #845-1000-offset)it will give you more room,they are a little pricey but it's an option. If you don't have a speedway catalog go to speedway .com and they will send you one.

cheez.... ,what's the big deal about putting in three pedals, used ccr plan for steering box mount, clutch on left of column,brake on right, need more info, let me know.

dave

^^^^^ what Dave said ^^^^^^ . Std T body size with "standard" stearing. I'm 6'1" 120 lb and have # 12 feet. very comfortable to drive. just be sure to keep your seat back skinny for max leg length room, and keep the trans tunnel as small as possible.
391566624.jpg

Russ

^^^^^ what Dave said ^^^^^^ . Std T body size with "standard" stearing. I'm 6'1" 120 lb and have # 12 feet. very comfortable to drive. just be sure to keep your seat back skinny for max leg length room, and keep the trans tunnel as small as possible.
391566624.jpg

Russ

It's hard to tell, but your trans tunnel appears to be alot shorter than most. Mine is alot taller than that.

I have a Spirit Chassis with a CCR body and there's no way 3 pedals are going in there.

It's hard to tell, but your trans tunnel appears to be alot shorter than most. Mine is alot taller than that.

I have a Spirit Chassis with a CCR body and there's no way 3 pedals are going in there.

But your car was built for the auto trans. with a std trans the tunnel can be smaller.

Russ

What needs to be done as far as trans mount to go from th350 to 4 speed? Northstar, do you have any pics of your build installing the manual trans?

What needs to be done as far as trans mount to go from th350 to 4 speed? Northstar, do you have any pics of your build installing the manual trans?

lots of pics in my thread "Northstar T is taking shape"

Russ

There is not enough room for a clutch pedal in the Spirit if you use their steering set-up.
I should clarify... there's not enough room in the Spirit if you use their body insert and steering arrangement. If you're just using the body by itself, you could probably work out the spacing for a clutch pedal. The interior insert takes up quite a bit of space down around the pedal area.

Good catch there, David! I had forgotten about Dave's car... I had talked to him about his set-up just this last summer at the Bash. You'll note, however, that he does not have the Spirit interior insert, which as I noted above, leaves more room in the pedal area. I have a picture of my pedal area on my computer at home. I'll try to remember to post it tonight.

Good catch there, David! I had forgotten about Dave's car... I had talked to him about his set-up just this last summer at the Bash. You'll note, however, that he does not have the Spirit interior insert, which as I noted above, leaves more room in the pedal area. I have a picture of my pedal area on my computer at home. I'll try to remember to post it tonight.
How bout the body RPM sells, the 10" stretch seemsthat may an idea.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back