Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Which port

vand

Banned
A friend of mine isn't sure which ports to use on the master cylinder of his drum drum project. He is using a 65 Ford drum drum master cylinder. Front bowl to front or rear. I think the drum drum cylinder has a built in residual valve. Right or wrong? any help greatly appreciated.

No disc brakes, drums on all four corners. Both reservoirs are the same size. Master cylinder is from a 65 Maverick with all drum brakes.

I would think that it dosn't matter. All things being equil, all things are the same.:confused:

In the stock installation the resavor closest to push rod goes to rear the other to front.

Front is marked on my new one as nearist to push rod /is also biggist resevor ,with port on outer end away from push rod marked as rear,this one is a new master from Speedway I just got to replace my very old one that is now pitted up inside.

Sounds like you have a master for disk/drum. Not sere how that will work with all drums. Better get another m/c.

In the stock installation the resavor closest to push rod goes to rear the other to front.
Sorry I was backwards. See attached photo from Speedway catalog.

Attachments

• PICT1459.JPG
    PICT1459.JPG
    102.6 KB · Views: 51

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back