Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Who is a car club memer?

JetMech727

Curious as to how many here are car club members? I have been in the past as well as an NSRA member. Been looking over some of the local clubs the past few days considering if I should possibly join or not. Thing is it appears all require an NSRA membership to even join. I am curious as to why that would be a requirement? Why should I be forced to join something that really has nothing to do with the club? I really don't want to get caught up in all the politics of a club this time around. Maybe it was just my previous club that kinda turned me off. I certainly don't recall being an NSRA member as a requirement to join though. Maybe some of you club guys can enlighten me?

The NTBA is the only club I belong to. As for the rest, too many rules,regulations and money. As well as snooty.

I have been a lifetime member of NSRA since 1972. Member number 292. I lost interest when they allowed post ‘49 cars. Belong to Old Farts Timing Assn. No dues no meetings no files. Just fun at gatherings. Best club ever.

DSC02932.JPG
I am a card carrying member of the NTBA (SAA at this time) and we have a very large "Family" and we would love to have any of you join us for some Family Fun at any of the 11 runs that are set to happen this year.
I am also a member of the New Mexico NTBA Chapter (we have very few meetings but lots of cruising). If you give the NTBA a try I bet you would love most of us (yes we do have a couple of crouchy old farts but don't all Families have some of those), come on down...Join up for 35 bucks and I will send you a packet with a T Shirt and key ring with some other goodies…...

I am a member of 5 car clubs. The foremost of which is the NTBA. I will give a strong second to LincolnuT's comment about the NTBA being a Family. I am head of the Carolina T's branch (No dues) of the NTBA. Please remember our Race City USA Fun Run, April 25-27, in Mooresville, NC. We already have 40 pre-registered T's coming from all over the US and Puerto Rico! Join us if you can, no charge for the event! Contact me for more info at rbswelder@yahoo.com

The other three clubs are local, without dues.

I'm also a member of NTBA, good organization and members, activities across the country each year. Have no interest in NSRA, Good Guys, etc.
Am also a part of local group, Dipsticks, participants mostly in the west Phoenix area with a variety of different types of street rods.
Group has no rules or dues. Group logo for clothing identifies each individual as President. Local cruises, cookouts and meals. Primary focus areas include enjoy your ride, social interaction and "where do we eat next"

Last edited:
My handle says I am one thing, but mostly I am an Instigator and almost as ugly as some others in the NTBA-- but I hide my looks with hair because I've never been beautiful as some Wives MIGHT say of their husbands..

I'm a member of two local clubs. One is Dixie Cruisers Car Club Of Brevard, small club but a great group of guys.. The second is East Coast Cruisers in New Smyrna Beach here in Florida.. Its' a VERY active club. First Saturday of the month they close off the One Daytona shopping center (directly across from the racetrack) & fill it with Hot Rods, Custom Cars & Classics.. Theres anything up to 150 cars each month.. Second show is at Canal St in New Smyrna Beach on the second Saturday of the month.. The main street is closed off & all the cars are lined up on there. A regular show attracts 300 to 400 cars.. Its been known to get 700 plus.. There are also many smaller shows to get involved in.. It's great for me as long as theres no rain :) :)

Thanks for the information fellas. Spanky, lincolnuT, ill look into a local chapter of the NTBA if there is one. Currently the site doesn't seem Android friendly as none of the buttons at the top work. So can't really search the site.:(

Right now it doesn't look like there is an Oklahoma chapter, but you, Longjohn & Indycars can start one! :D

PS - There's a handful of other NTBA members in Oklahoma, but I don't know how active they are.

Right now it doesn't look like there is an Oklahoma chapter, but you, Longjohn & Indycars can start one! :D

PS - There's a handful of other NTBA members in Oklahoma, but I don't know how active they are.

Thanks Spanky! We'll get Indy on it. :laugh:

I did get 1 useful bit of information from the NTBA website. One of the sponsors (Okie Rods) is right out my back door. I had stumbled across them 2 years ago when I was in the planning stage of my car and then lost the link. I just sent them a message and hope to meet with them this week. Hope to chew the fat a bit, look over their operation and get a rundown on what's going on in my area. :thumbsup:

I show that we (the NTBA) now have 8 or 9 paid up members in the state of Oklahoma………..

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back