Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Who wants to value my project.....

kcline40

So a month ago my wife filed for divorce. Not happy about it and its not what I want. SAVE YOUR SORRY'S for someone else. I will get thru this time of my life the same way as I have gotten thru other tough times of my life, with BEER. :)

Anyway I need to get a fair estimate of what my project is worth.

I did reach out to spirit and they had some helpful suggestions. I now ask the forum to take a moment and make a recommendation on what you think the project is really worth.

Forget about my time involve with the build.

Please PM me with a suggested value. My wife knows about the site and we dont need no stinking lawyers poking there nose on here to take away my toy.

So here it goes with a parts list

Tub and 30 in bed Made by Paynesville --- garbage fiberglass, should have never bought from them but the where very close to drive to.

Chevy 350 motor with vortec heads, Fully dressed motor, headers mufflers 4 barrel carb
Transmission is a turbo 350 this was given to me by my father
Ford 9 Inch posi rear end
Frame made from scatch
Wheels and tires 18" with Mickey Thompsons on rear and 16" on front with Cheap Directionals
All disc brake setup --- Stock Chevy stuff from the 80's
Windshield frame from Speedway
Autometer gauges
Painless Wiring harness
Speedway gas tank 10 gallon
Has radiator
Only real 23 part is Radiator Shroud

Car is 65% complete to drive. Needs fuel lines, brake lines, all wiring done and Fiber glassing finished.

I really would like to hear from members who have had to go thru this. Any help is always appreciated and this is the best place to learn about these cars on the web.

I will include a link to my other thread and photos of my build.

0A1A1F96-DA20-4A95-B85F-2FF1C02281B4_zpsg3vfmbqd.jpg
0A1A1F96-DA20-4A95-B85F-2FF1C02281B4_zpsg3vfmbqd.jpg

T%20Bucket%20Chasis

If you do not want to value your labor, it is worth what you paid for the parts!

Value is a subjective thing, ask someone that's dieing for one, then ask someone that that "wheels and deals" and that will depend if he's buying or selling! I believe Kelly Blue Book is $10,600.00 that's what the DMV asked me to pay the tax on when I went to get a title for a "Parts or Repair" T.

Depends on perspective. If your time, the most valuable and irreplaceable element, isn't in consideration, I'd say it's simply a pile of used, junk parts and the value it just that. Verify it via picknpull or the like... no offense, but it's only worth what a buyer will pay when you are selling. If it's part of your division of property, and you wish to retain it, it's worth nothing...make her prove otherwise. If there is any disagreement based on what time and money you spent, it's a hobby, hobbys are an expensive waste of money like shopping, going to shows, movies, traveling, etc... This is war.

A partially built car with a crappy body is not really worth much. As noted, it is worth what someone is willing to pay but if you had to sell it today I bet about $3500.

Ask her what she’ll give you first r it and eather sell it her for that price or buy it for that price.

Problem is she wants everything I own to be top dollar as her 401K is extremely large and needs to offset that. I also have a 1976 nova 4 door. I always planned on selling the nova. But it was to pay off debt she racked up on Credit Cards in my name. Sorry about not having photos. I think photbucket will not allow to cross post to the site unless you pay photobucket now.

"as her 401K is extremely large" What's hers' should be half yours, equal rights and all that BS

Here's the thing. I'm not mad at her, I don't hate her, I just want the credit card debt gone, I want the house which I will pay her fair value for. I mostly want to keep my house because my garage is set up already for my projects. I just want a fresh start from the debt. I will take my student loan debt and the house payment and then live on scraps and get a roomate until I make more money. But I don't want to be screwed on the 401K and I most importantly dont want to lose my daughter, she's 8 and means the world to me.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back