Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Windsheild post

VroomKrazy

Mocked up some windshield posts this weekend. What do you think. I will have a aluminum frame made up to bolt to these posts

IMG_0716.jpg

IMG_0717.jpg

very custom will look very cool with the WS in place.

mocked up a 16" windshield and it is right at eye level. I would not be looking at the top bar but just below it when driving. Was wondering if it was 2" shorter if it would still keep the wind out of my eyes? I like the shorter windshields. Thanks for any suggestions.

IMG_0719.jpg

I to like the lower WS i think i went with 14 inches and the top of the WS is open and I will arch it from side to side an inch or so

VroomKrazy

I like them.

FWIW - I came up with something similar for my car. I guess great minds think alike!:lol::lol:
DSCF1132.jpg

My windshield is 14" tall. I look right over the top, same as I like my motorcycle winshields. Unfortunately, I haven't driven the car yet, so I can't tell you how it works.

Mike

Great minds do think alike in fact it looks like one of u guys has been peeking in the others garage window.:eek::eek:

I had a differant design at first. When I saw Hotrod46's design, and got the cost to do the machining of what I wanted elans changed, and I borrowed some ideas from Hotrod46. Hope you don't mind. My window will not tilt, and will be a full aluminum frame.

VroomKrazy said:
I borrowed some ideas from Hotrod46. Hope you don't mind.

VroomKrazy

No I don't mind at all. I'm flattered that you liked it well enough to want something similar. That's what we're here for, to share ideas and knowledge.

Mike

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back