Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Windshield Frame

C cab t

I purchased windshield frame material from one of the sponsors here and can not remember who it was.
It is extruded aluminum and came with stainless bolts.
I want to order some more product. Can someone advise me to the supplier.
Thanks
Terry aka cab t

Anybody know if aluminum can be brass plated or should I just make frame out of brass.
Thanks for your time.
Terry aka C cab t

Anybody know if aluminum can be brass plated or should I just make frame out of brass.
I suggest that you pose that as a question on GOOGLE. There is a very good answer to be found there.

Jim

Well, yes . . . it can be plated. But . . . a friend who's in the business says it's a 4-step process: starting with zinc plating; then copper; then nickel; and finally brass. And each process adds $$. Plus, it'll take somebody with a big enough tank to do it. Most brass tanks are small, for small hardware items, etc. o_O:unsure:

My C cab is mostly brass I want to do brass windshield frame and tail lights.
Again I'd post pictures but still can not

Brass powder coat on my frame and brackets. NO one, to date has figured it out as a coating.... but its your choice.

Looked at brass plating and the cost was too high. Also if you polish it, it wears through... the original frame in the pictures was brass plated but keeping it shiny I wore through the plate to the base metal. That ain't going to happen with the powder coat. The picture doesn't do it justice. Have a look at some in real life, you will be surprised.

G

screen frame and brackets finished from P coat (2) [640x480] (2015_11_13 11_07_31 UTC).JPG
screen frame and brackets finished from P coat (13) [640x480] (2015_11_13 11_07_31 UTC).JPG
screen frame and brackets finished from P coat (14) [640x480] (2015_11_13 11_07_31 UTC).JPG

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back