Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

windshield kit ?????

dovehunter79

Where is the best place to get a shield kit or just the brackets with no glass... maybe i over looked the speedway book but i just didnt see anything in there. Maybe someone here either has some or builds them. I would like to have the short one... Thanks

Speedway numbers 916-56231 or -56232 is what I show in my Speedway catalog for the short posts. Is that what you are after? Here's a link to their web page with the square top frame. Square Top T Windshield Frames The posts are shown near the bottom of the page. When I built mine I used this frame with just the lower half for a short windshield. I added the top half later when I decided I was tired of eating bugs.

The problem with the Speedway Posts are that they have no through hole they have two studs that you have to kinda line up and hope you get them right.If you want the ones most everyone else has they bought Total and they have the srtaight posts part #A111C or the angled ones part #A1110C.If they dont have them yet call the florida shop iI dont have that number Mickey is selling Total parts from there I dont know if he still is .Almost forgot give Spirit a call.

Rick, where are you getting those numbers from? they didnt come up on speedways website and they dont match up to spirits site either?:confused:

Thanks!!!

dovehunter79 said:
Rick, where are you getting those numbers from? they didnt come up on speedways website and they dont match up to spirits site either?:confused:

Thanks!!!
There from Totals last catalog if you go to Totals site
Every street rod part and kit you need
It gives a discription of the part and a Speedway number to ask about availability.Some one here will give you the Florida web site or phone number of The Florida shop.

Dove Hunter I am just changing my windsheild to a tall one and have the low one frame and glass, painted black frame. want to get rid of it before I break it around the shop. Have a question about the tall/two piece widnsheild from total. Are there supposed to be a right and a left hinge? both of mine are the same and it causes binding on one side because the upper portion is tight to the frame. If there are to be a right and left what are my options now that total is no more for exchange purposes?

WMG said:
Dove Hunter I am just changing my windsheild to a tall one and have the low one frame and glass, painted black frame. want to get rid of it before I break it around the shop. Have a question about the tall/two piece widnsheild from total. Are there supposed to be a right and a left hinge? both of mine are the same and it causes binding on one side because the upper portion is tight to the frame. If there are to be a right and left what are my options now that total is no more for exchange purposes?
You are screwed i asked Brian about this 2 years ago and he told me both are the same side because the Chinese manufacturers dies broke and nobody else is going to make them.Speedway shows a hinge for sale you might want to call them and ask the tech guys about the ones they sell.Sorry about the bad news.

WMG said:
Dove Hunter I am just changing my windsheild to a tall one and have the low one frame and glass, painted black frame. want to get rid of it before I break it around the shop.

I will buy it if you want to get rid of it that bad... what do you want for it including shipping charges? Also, that is the mounts too? Thanks

I was looking for the performer style windshield like the one from total, but no luck the killer is total is 39 inches wide and Spirit is 39 5/8 in.

TexasT said:
I was looking for the performer style windshield like the one from total, but no luck the killer is total is 39 inches wide and Spirit is 39 5/8 in.
Im looking at totals catalog and the part number for a Performer Windshield With Posts 39 5/8 Chrome with out glass is A19525KC.$370.00

TexasT said:
The body uses a 39" windshield
PART Number A1952KC 39" Chrome Frame Kit With Out Glass.........$370.00.They make them from 39" to 40 1/2".Page 102 in there last catalog.

TexasT said:
I talked to Ed at KingT Monday and he said that they didnt have the windshield anymore
Ok its one thing to not have one ANYMORE then to say they didnt make them.You made it sound like they didnt make one ever.

Sorry Rick didnt mean to sound like. I didnt say they never made them, they are no longer going to have them...

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back