Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Windshield Posts, again

I don't actually understand why this is necessary. Do any of the posts currently available fit any of the bodies without the need to do this?

I believe CCR, RPM, Spirit and Wintec all have posts that fit their own bodies. Somebody please correct me if this is wrong.

Using speedway as an example : They offer windshield frames in 39"- 39 5/8" - 40 1/2" widths , then consider there are many body manufacture's out there , it's easy to see why there is no "standard" 1 size fits all !
dave

I don't actually understand why this is necessary. Do any of the posts currently available fit any of the bodies without the need to do this?

Due to the variance in Henry's original bodies, and the multitude of fiberglass molds since, the best anyone can do is make the posts a close approximation.

Seems like it would be easier and better in the long run to make your own posts. You can always get them plated if you like chrome. There are threads on this here somewhere.

I just came in from a local car show and there was an original 1923 T Bucket roadster there. The windshield post fit like crap. Great big gaps all around them. So to answer the questions, I guess they fit just like the originals did.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back