Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Windshield Posts

MichBucket

Hi All,

I am trying to track down some windshield posts that angle back (not vertical). Any ideas where I can find a set ( I currently have a vertical set installed but want to angle the windshield back a bit). Tried CCR, no luck

Thanks
Tom

ya they are.. and just my personal opinion but I think 30 degrees is a bit much.
I am making my own out of stainless at about 15 degrees.

ya they are.. and just my personal opinion but I think 30 degrees is a bit much.
I am making my own out of stainless at about 15 degrees.

Totally agree. If I find a cheap set of regular posts, I'd try heating and bending them. Doing that to Speedways would probably work, but $200 for the try isn't in my budget.

the other thought on that, is you can get the brass unfinished posts allot cheaper.. make a small cut 3/4 through it .. bend it back until it fits and braze it closed.
Then you can get them chromed or powder coated.

I'm considering powder coating my posts and frame black. It depends on how the other components flow into my vision, lol....

I bought the 30° stainless and then realized that the windshield was blocking entry thru the door. I took them to a machine shop in OKC that cut out a section and bent them to 15° and welded them. You can see where he ground the weld flat in the pics.

Original posts:
FP04_WindshieldPostBodySide_5965_66_67.jpg

Modified Posts:
FP01_WindshieldPost_6113.jpg
FP01_WindshieldPost_6119.jpg

Is that a Lexan windshield?

Yes, it's 3/4" thick and 19" tall Lexan. I've been to 108 MPH with no problems..... at least that time there was no problem.:whistling:

Yes, it's 3/4" thick and 19" tall Lexan. I've been to 108 MPH with no problems..... at least that time there was no problem.:whistling:

Thanks! I have my eye on an off beat wind shield frame and Lexan would make it work.

Butch27.. I will post some pics when get to making them. I am concentrating on the rolling chassis and drive line right now, the bucket is next. Hopefully be working on them by spring.

They use Lexan on motorcycle and commercial aircraft windshieds, and in some drive up bank windows. It does scratch easily. You might check with your supplier to see if they have some with hard coat.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back