Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Windshield question..

mystic122468

Hey guys! Just wondering about a windshield for the T bucket. Where to go for one? Can I go to the junk yard and take one from a Jeep or something else that has flat glass and have it cut down? Or are there places that I can take a pattern of it and have one custom made?

Thanks!

Jim

You can go to just about any auto glass shop to get one custom made. If you have the frame, take it to them and they will mount and seal the glass so it's ready to install. I think I paid $120 for mine. Some here have reported paying much less. Just depends where you live.

I made my pattern out of plywood that is the approximate same thickness as the glass. After the glass was cut and installed, I put the pattern in storage in case I needed again because of breakage of the windshield.

Jim

I cut mine out of cardboard & took it to a glass place & they cut it out , fit good. Can't remember think it was $75 +-.....

What kind of glass is it?
Laminated glass in mine. For me, the easiest thing to do is simply take the frame to the glass guys since mine is removable.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back