Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Windshield thoughts. Yea, I need opinions again.

Rick said:
I'm 6 foot and made an exact copy of Totals seat and have the 14 inch performer windshield with the Aniversary body.Bony legs and all this is where i sit with my back hunched over.
Picture053Large.jpg

if you laugh at the legs god will get you.:lol:

Ok, all kidding aside...I like that amount of "layback" on the windshield..Some I have seen are layed back WAYYYY too far in my opinion.
I ordered my body from CCR for a layed back windshield. Jerry called twice to make sure thats what I wanted, as I guess he had to mod the body for the brackets (??) so he wanted to be sure. Now after looking at some of the CCR cars with the layed back windows, I think they are layed back a little too far..
So I make yet another decission on what I want.
I also don't want my fat head stickin up in the wind so I'm looking over the window like a Circus Bear...
I'm thinkin now a straight short window or half a window would look better, but I don't like those weenie rods running out front for support......:neutral: "BH"

Hey B.H. the posts are what dicktates the lean back or straight up.So i got a FAT head sticking up in the wind and looking like a Circus Bear?Move over Lumen Al got another for the room.:lol:

With the Total body and any other body the posts mount the same it's in the casting that's leaned back but the mounts stay the same.I don't have any info on ccr bodys though.I had the choice of ordering the straight or slant back windershield AFTER i bought the body.Something don't sound right here.

I use a straight windshield on mine. I use just the bottom 10" half with no side braces and have for years. I like the looks of the short windshield too much. I used to have the top section on with side braces and it definently kept the wind out of my face and also I could hear ALL the other noices. With the short I get the wind in my face and cannot hear anything but wind. But I like the looks. I do not care for the looks of the laid back windshields but thats just personal opinion. Also another complaint I have of the tall windshield is headlight glare at night from vehicles behind you and also in the daytime when you are going eastbound late in the evening with the sun behind you and MASSIVE glare.

I had Randy Slama of LRS make me a 13" SS windshield several years ago but have never got around to polishing it yet then get the glass installed. That 3 more inches ought to help alot and also get a rearview mirror that will put it over the rear seat riser (15 body). Right now I only have side mirrors because a center rearview mirror is useless with the short windshield and high rear seat.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back