Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Wintec Fabrication

We are having trouble contacting Wintec Fabrication after supplying a final payment. Jim Wilkos had told me that he was ready to ship. But now wont answer calls. Anyone know the scoop of whats going on with this business

You should probably consider getting a lawyer.

My specific situation is being addressed by a "higher authority". Do not want to say too much until this is resolved one way or another. Just sucks it has to come down to this

Update: I will be posting across forum so every body can make an informed decision to do business with Jim Wilkos/Wintec Fab if they choose:

I am also a part of the Wintec/Jim Wilkos took my money and ran club.....Was quoted 4/5 weeks for a stage 3 chassis kit, and you can see where this is going. Without dragging out time line too bad: Ordered chassis November 6th 2016, and to date have zero to show for it. Excuse after excuse, to finally nothing. No return of phone calls or emails. I was told by Connecticut State Police because i reside in New York, i had to go through NewYork State Police. So i did. I handed over all email correspondence as well as all receipts, as well as screen shots of Wintec's web site that show what appears to be a legit store front, which Jim/Wintec hasn't been in in some time. The investigator made attempts to reach Jim on work cell as well as personal cell, and email. I am sure to every bodies surprise, nothing. At this point our hands are tied because of jurisdiction, the investigator in New York said 100% they would arrest him if this occurred in New York (larceny). However, we had to call Connecticut because of that is where the crime took place. Three different agencies, Bristol, Southington, and Meridian either passed the buck (jurisdiction) or said it was a civil matter and take him to small claims. That is my story and i am contacting courts tomorrow to see if i have to file in New York or Connecticut. Get the word out i would hate to see anybody else have to through this

As promised an update: Long story short, I got back from the track today and in my driveway was a majority of my order from Wintec...frame, hair pins front shocks ect......still missing rear axle housing, front I beam, as well as some other items......I disputed some money that I put on the card a while ago, so i feel we are square.....shame it had to come to this.

Build pics of a 25 sedan low, long and violent to come as soon as I hit 10 post....

As promised an update: Long story short, I got back from the track today and in my driveway was a majority of my order from Wintec...frame, hair pins front shocks ect......still missing rear axle housing, front I beam, as well as some other items......I disputed some money that I put on the card a while ago, so i feel we are square.....shame it had to come to this.

Build pics of a 25 sedan low, long and violent to come as soon as I hit 10 post....
You are there as it shows that you have eleven posts.

Jim

As I've said before, contact IC3 Internet Fraud Investigation, (FBI). They got my problem resolved, got my money back.

Problem with IC3 is once you file you never hear from them. Are they pursuing you case or not? Nothing as far as updates or even an acknowledgment it was reviewed. How long did it take to get your money back from date of complaint and did the ever contact you?

He (Wintec) did have a nice looking touring body... but I am glad I didn't bite. Maybe someone can acquire the molds? wink wink Ron.

from personal experience, i would stay far away from him.....i got some of my stuff after almost a year.....he beat me for about 2k worth of stuff that was supposed to be included in his stage 3 kit, like shocks, drop axle, as well as axle housing as well as misc. stuff like the hardware kit.....perhaps he straightened his stuff out, but i would not take that chance...just my two cents.......way better vendors on this site

Spirit could hook you up with the stuff Wintec beat you out of. ;) .......for a price, of course.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back