Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

wintec front shock kit

ford4ever

Hi guys, I know some of you have bought the front shock kit (bolt on) from Jim.
I'm having one H@%$ of a time getting the shock on the lower bar on the
radius rod. Is there an easy way of getting this done? I've tried pushing,
hitting it with a rubber mallet, nothing seems to be working! any help would
be helpful!

Try lubing the shaft with WD-40 it won't effect any paint that I have used it on yet.

I'm guessing that you have some shocks that use the common lower mounting ring with the rubber bushing that is for mounting on a 5/8" shock stud and you are trying to slip that over a 7/8" radius rod tube. This probably won't help you much unless you have some machinery access. I removed the rubber bushing from a pair of shocks by tugging and prying them. I had a scrap piece of tube that could be made to duplicate the lower eye of the shock and reinstalled the bushing. That way I had something that could be chucked in the lathe chuck and held the bushing tight enough to be able to drill them with the shop made bit. The bit is a piece of 7/8" thin wall tube that has an internal taper turned to a sharp edge. The slot is to have access for removing the plug after drilling.

DrilledRubberBushings.jpg

RubberBushingDrill.jpg

I just put mine in a vise, used WD40 and started with a rubber mallet. Once it started I used a deep socket to get the rest. At least you don't have to worry about them moving around. :hey:

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back