Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Wintec roadster or RPM's 10" stretch.

baddawgcustoms

Wondering if anyone has some good pics of either one of these on a finished or mocked up car? I'm really liking the 10 stretch body Ron has. My brain has be grinding thinking about how I could take that body and put in a dummy firewall 10" back, and hide a LOT of stuff. It would still be the size of a standard t and I don't need the room. I'm 5'6 and the wife is 4'11. I'm planning on going very low, and with the first ten inches of bell housing and tranny hid, it would still have a LOT of room and wouldn't show the big bell housing hump. Maybe even a battery between the firewalls on the passenger side, and could probably get the master cylinder, clutch linkage, and wiring in there as well...,..still grinding..,,because I also love the modified look. 1/2 a penny for your thoughts??

I am going to use the RPM stretched body but sorry no pics cause I dont have it yet. I also plan on hanging the pedals and master cylinder under there. I dont want my pedals sticking up through the floor. There are pics on this sight somewhere with his body and frame all mocked up and it looks really good to me. Hope I helped.

I am going to use the RPM stretched body but sorry no pics cause I dont have it yet. I also plan on hanging the pedals and master cylinder under there. I dont want my pedals sticking up through the floor. There are pics on this sight somewhere with his body and frame all mocked up and it looks really good to me. Hope I helped.

Talked To Ron at RPM the other day and he sent me these pics of one of his customers that built this car with the stretch body. I was really curious to see what the proportions would look like with the cowl that long on a finished car. Pretty dawg gone good if you ask me! Hope he don't mind me posting these, but that car is some great advertising. I had almost decided on going with the lakester look. Hood and 32 grill with a real original look. Now I'm leaning toward a real low slung hot-rod style. I'm sure it will be like the bikes I've built. Start out with one plan, and it miraculously seems to change in midstream. I'm sure this car will be the same. Maybe I'll save the antique-ee look for when I get a little bit older. :thumbsup:

2.jpg 12.jpg

Yes we did get signed up for Moultrie. We will be there.

Fantastic! I have a couple nibbles on my Harley I'm trying to sell, so I hope I can get cash in my hand before you load up if you'll have enough room for that stretch body. Will let you know as soon as possible. If not, a trip to the Tennessee mountains when I do sell it, is NEVER a bad thing. I gave my son my 72 C10, and he has a 396 he is building to go in it. So the good news is I pulled the 307 and 3 speed out to make room for the big block, and it only has 34,000 original miles on the motor, so I'm definitely going with your stretch body so I can make room for 3 pedals. I've been searching the forums for some good build pics with manuals so I can figure out how it's done.

Ron, if you know where your booth is going to be at Moultrie, please share it with us. I'd love to come by and meet you in person and pick up a few things.

Not exactly sure, they had a hard time getting us in. The guy I talked to said he could get us in section E near L. He also said it was paved and the back side of our trailer would be up against a building. Looking at the map of the place I don't see a building there, but I guess there is. We have never been there before so I am not sure how it is exactly.

I will forward to shop phone to my cell. So call the shop and you should be able to find me. We will have signs up, and we will be in a white trailer.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back