Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Wintec Roadster

Brian

Hey all!!! Brian formally of Total Performance here.... Finally got some time back together and figured I'd share some pictures of what we've been up to...

As some of you may already have known, I have had the same T-Bucket in my stable since I was 18 years old... Basically grew up with this car, got married in it, etc. Well, we now have a 6 year old daughter who although loves ridding in it, not exactly a family friendly vehicle as far as room goes. Every time we discussed selling the car, my daughter would get VERY upset and yell that we should just make it bigger... This went on for a couple of years... One day, I went to visit Jim over at Wintec Fabrication and saw the beginning stages of the new Wintec Roadster that he was just starting to design. One thing lead to another and the change-over from my 2-seater bachelor car to a 4-seater family sedan was underway.

The new car sports all the front and rear suspension, engine/transmission, cooling system, wheels/tires, lighting, etc. from the original car. Only had to change frame, body, interior, driveshaft and a new fuel tank. At the same time, I took the opportunity to update my gauges and taillights as well as add a few "creature comforts" as well as some safety items that were not in the original build. At this point, all that is left is the installation of the interior and top.

Here's some images of where it's at as of today.

Attachments

• 100_0122.jpg
    100_0122.jpg
    121.2 KB · Views: 121
  • 100_0127.jpg
    100_0127.jpg
    164.5 KB · Views: 148
  • 100_0130.jpg
    100_0130.jpg
    186.9 KB · Views: 107
Hey all!!! Brian formally of Total Performance here.... Finally got some time back together and figured I'd share some pictures of what we've been up to...

As some of you may already have known, I have had the same T-Bucket in my stable since I was 18 years old... Basically grew up with this car, got married in it, etc. Well, we now have a 6 year old daughter who although loves ridding in it, not exactly a family friendly vehicle as far as room goes. Every time we discussed selling the car, my daughter would get VERY upset and yell that we should just make it bigger... This went on for a couple of years... One day, I went to visit Jim over at Wintec Fabrication and saw the beginning stages of the new Wintec Roadster that he was just starting to design. One thing lead to another and the change-over from my 2-seater bachelor car to a 4-seater family sedan was underway.

The new car sports all the front and rear suspension, engine/transmission, cooling system, wheels/tires, lighting, etc. from the original car. Only had to change frame, body, interior, driveshaft and a new fuel tank. At the same time, I took the opportunity to update my gauges and taillights as well as add a few "creature comforts" as well as some safety items that were not in the original build. At this point, all that is left is the installation of the interior and top.

Here's some images of where it's at as of today.
Hey Brian Rick from Taylor here.How ya been bud?Great looking car i want one soooo bad but the moneys to funny right now.I tried to do a trade in with Jim but that didn't work so pretty good LOL.Can hardly waite for the lid to be done.Keep the pics comming who knows some day there will be a Rat Fink Tub.

Really cool looking project nice stance and awesome motor.

Really cool looking project nice stance and awesome motor.

I've been watching this come together and I really like the looks of this bucket. The car takes a good picture from any angle, especially like the rear end :)

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back