Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Winter Rebuild

A simple fixture for 'glassing the floor in your body can be built with 2x4's. Take 2 longer than the length of your body from the firewall to the back pannel and set them to the width of your frame. Now nail 2 accross them long enough to go from side to side. On top of these last two boards, nail strips of 5/8'' plywood. This will give you a 3''channel. Set your floor in and fill the edge gaps with body putty. Now 'glass the floor in with two layers of matting. The first layer about 3'' wide and top that with another layer 6'' wide. I let it set for a day and then repete the same on the bottom.

Ron

Hello to All
It has been a while since I have made a post on the progress
SO
My son has taken over the New total performance body to go with his total frame
He got a S-10 rear axle and a RPM gas tank
He needs a front end and rear axle mounts
If anyone has one available call or email -- thanks
My car is moving along slow
The Frame is basically done
The drivetrain is in
Most of the fuel and brake lines are on the car

The body I found out has a CCR bed on it
I still don't know about the body
I could not find any markings in it
I will post pics later
The body had some bad wood in it -- the sides were very flimsy
I removed all the old wood and re attached the wood with liquid nails and then fiberglass cloth over the wood
it has realy become very strong now
Currently working on the bottom of the floor
I want to firm up the sides that hang over the frame
then start sanding and filling and sanding the outside of the body
That is about all for now
Frank
216-272-4516

Perfection takes time but pics don't take much time. They also keep our blood flowing.

here's the pics

jsg5k3.jpg

30ngdx4.jpg

i3hw5k.jpg

2dv8jlx.jpg

ke9iyr.jpg

2vvussl.jpg

2n19rx3.jpg

2yjwlxx.jpg

The trick to making your own seats, the wood frame should drop at least 3 1/2 Inches in the rear, this will help hold you in the seat, a whole lot more comfortable... Plus and I have always had to cut a relief in the center of the floor at the floor and rear body line, to allow for the third member to rise up and not hit the floor, during/after a big dip in the road, and not break the floor loose from anything... Those dips sneak up on you when you least expect them... Drive safe :rolleyes:

One thing you can do when installing the body put a metal all the way across the body to mounts. So god forbid if you get in a accident body won't come off like I have seen pics of this happening.Especially if your seatbelts are bolted to the frame the body force coming off could really hurt your waist.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back