Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Youngster

Hi guys,
I'm Ron's younger brother and I wanted to give you an update on Ron. He is in hospice now for the cancer he has. He is completely at peace with what lies ahead for him. I see him most every day and we have a lot of good talks about growing up together, out family and all the cars he and I have had. I can't tell you how much he enjoys all of you. He always tells me to share the knowledge so that we all can enjoy. Some of you have asked if you can get a PM to him. He is not at a point where using the computer is possible for him. I will start monitoring this site as much as I can and pass on anything to him. I will keep all of you posted. Thank you all from Ron and his family

Thank you for the update. Ron is one of the most knowledgeable and helpful people I have ever talked with, and he never had a cross word for anyone. He is in my thoughts and prayers.

If you can find the right time, could you say Hi from Gerry in the UK (Yella Fella) and give Ron my regards and best wishes. Its always a pleasure to 'talk' to a gentleman and Ron is the bench mark for a lot of other guys.
G

tell him we miss him. not just his knowlge, him
Mike

Thanks for the update. We'll keep him and the family in our prayers. I sure do miss him seeing him around the forums.

Thanks for the update. It's amazing to see how many people Ron has touched here.

I always wanted to drive the 9 hours to have a few beers with Ron and talk about his early rodding years. He is indeed a special person.

Ron and his family are in our thoghts and prayers. He has helped a lot of people reach their dreams!

Vaya con dios Ron. You will be accepted with open arms and reunited with past loved ones.

Energy can neither be created nor destroyed. Good energy even more so.

John

Ummmm, that is so hard to hear. Please just let him know that he has more friends and fans than he will ever know.

Don

Our family are going through the same troubles at this time, so I have some idea of the heartache everyone over there is going through. My thoughts are with you Little Brother and your whole family. Hopeing Ron is at peace.

Hi everyone
My Brother Ron passed away very peacefully yetserday morning with his daughter at his side. I want to thank all of you from my family and myself for your warm thoughts and wishes. I can't tell you how much he enjoyed the chat with all of you. You all meant alot to him. Perhaps he can meet up with Norm and get some buckets going up there. God Bless everyone.

So sorry to hear, he will be missed greatly.
I bet Norm and your brother are already engaged in friendly banter over how to build their first T bucket together up there.
Godspeed

Aw man, that sucks. So sorry to hear the news, but at least he isn't suffering any more. He is at peace now.

I posted on another forum when Norm died a story of when I went to a funeral with my girlfriend at the time. Her best friend had died. I am used to funerals with crying and sadness, but this one was very odd to me at the time. People were smiling, there was a group of musicians, and they were celebrating her life rather than feeling bad over losing her. The Preacher said "Some may wonder why we are not sad, it is because we are happy that she is no longer in pain and is taking her place in Heaven. " He went on to say, "We are sad for us because we no longer have her, but not sad for her."

At the time I thought that was the dumbest concept I had ever heard, but the older I get the more I understand what they were saying and doing. Ron left behind a lot of his influence and a lot of friends. He was always willing to share and help another person out when he could.

My condolences to his family and friends. RIP.

Don

My sincere condolence. I will miss Ron.
Gerry

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back