Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Zz 3 350

rooster57

My nerighbor put a new ZZ3 in his vette a few years ago. Prab got 30 K on it. He came over tonight and told me he ordered a new motor from Jeggs. He then ask me if i wanted his old motor. I said why yes i do. So next season rooster will have almost twice the hp in my bucket. My 305 does great but comeon 185 hp to 350 hp sounds like fun FO SHO:lol::wstupid::cool:

Must be nice. I'm always a day late and a dollar short on deals like that.
Eric

What do you want for the 305? I have a 32 Ford p/u that is looking for a good small block. Sharpen your pencil!:welxome:

Hey Rooster.....you gonna drive it to the Bash next year?????? Still gonna put a 3x2 on it?????? Now THATS what I'm talking about!!!!!!:lol::lol::lol:

A friend of my dads had a ZZ 350 in his nova (replaced with a 427" world smallblock - smart man) and he had no problems with it. I swapped in a GM "Hot Cam" for it and it was petty stout back then (10yrs ago maybe). A word to the wise; ZZ SBs are somewhat famous for piston slap. its a rather annoying ticking sound thats caused by the poston rocking in the bore. Apparently its harmless, just a little irritating on startup. Obviously check the oil before you shotgun it in, and you may or may not want to replace any wear items before you stuff her in the bucket. If the ticking bothers you, get shorter exhaust pipes or a bigger cam...LOL

Congrats homey and make sure that 305 has a good home; theyre a good engine in the right place

Everytime my neighbor comes over all they want is to borrow a tool or for me to fix something:mad:. I need to get new neightbors.:D Rooster, can't wait to here how much different it feels.

Your right about the neighbor. This guy has half my stuff in his garage. So did he give me the motor or is it payment for all my involvement in his project. either way it is a nice gesture on his part. screemin sheetmetal next year is to far off but i still want the tri power setup fo- sho.

Rooster...can I borrow your neighbor...Mine gave me back my weedeater last week; after not mixing any oil in it, anyone want a ryobi 2stroke weedeater paperweight? *sigh* "Nate, I cant get it to start it just quit on me" "hmm let me see. *tug...tug* Sonofa....mark, did you run this out of gas?" "yup and I put new gas in it for you..." *cringe* "Did you add oil to the gas" "God no, why would I do that?" "I told you to use the gas can marked PRE-MIX" "Oh, sorry dude" Same guy borrowed my torches and just about blew himself up....save me

Did you get rid of the carb and manifold setup???

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back