Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

2013 MO Mini-Nats

benT

Every year my Dad, uncle, brother, and myself take a few days off and do a Hot rod trip to an event. this year we had planned on going to the Buckethead Bash, but that event kind of fell apart and we decided on going to the Missouri Mini Nationals in Osage Beach MO which is at Lake of the Ozarks. Put on by primarily the St. Louis and Kansas City Chapters of the NTBA, this turned out to be a great event. On the way down, we took two days and did the old back scenic highways of old US 40 (National Road) from Indy to St. Louis, then old Route 66 from St. Louis to southern MO. We took two days to get to Osage beach so we got in plenty of sight seeing, diner stops, and cruising through little old towns. At the Mini-Nats there was plenty of bench racing, dinner and ice cream runs, as well as thoughtfully planned out cruises. Al told there was about 30 T's and 50+ folks. Even though we had a few minor car issues, we had the best time we'd had at a bucket event. They hold this event every year and I recommend that anyone that can, put in on their event calender for next year! Here are a few pics of our trip:

Old US 40 - National Road:

Getting our Kicks on Route 66!

The Famous Elbow Inn on old, old Route 66.

State Park Cruise
[URL=http://s985.photobucket.com/user/btgriffin/media/Ozarks%202013/WP_004146_zpsd09dc171.jpg.html]

Hotel parking

Goofing off!

Cruising through a car show - no lawn chair needed!

Back to Cruisin!

Yes, a real minnow in a shot of Patron at Dick's Halfway Inn for my lil bro...

Dark skies ahead on the drive home!

Oh oh!
[/URL]

Ben I was all set to go this year, but I didn't get my car ready in time so maybe next year. I think I have been reading your post's for a long time starting with the spirit forum in (08?). I hope we can meet there next year. And thanks for the pics.

It was a good time and was happy to meet you guys. A couple of real cool rides you had there.

Ben thanks for the pictures. Now I have something to look forward too when I start my build.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back