Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

60's style T-Buckets

I was born and raised in SoCal and went to high school in the late 50's and early 60's. Spent weekends cruising Hollywood Blvd and the San Fernando Valley. Today's T's are neat, but nothing like the 60's versions that were a common sight on Friday nights at Harvey's Boiler in Downey and Bob's Big Boy in Whitter.

I got my drivers license in 1965 so i'm just a little particle to that era myself.

There is some cool cars there.

I was sitting here going through that thread for about the zillionith time and i could here the T-Bucket calling me. Since i haven't had it out since New Years eve i guess it was feeling a little neglected.

It's kind of funny. All the smiles and thumbs up you get when people see you running down the road all bundled up. Guess they're not use to seeing roadsters in 40 degree slightly foggy weather. It was just a short 10 mile run but it was great.

That's the best collection of 60s Ts I've ever seen, and thanks for posting that one. Lots of great ideas for us guys that are going for the nostalgic look.

I love the mid to late '60's style. Mine was supposed to have been built in '71 but with the Centerlines and braided SS hoses it has more of an '80's look than a mid to late '60's look.

I'm looking for an Edelbrock C3B-X or C4B intake manifold because i think it looks more '60's with the oil filler tube than the Weiand i'm running right now. Then i'll move the PCV valve to the back of the carb like the original setup. I'll ditch the braided SS hoses, replace the M/T valve covers with some Cal Custom, Edelbrock or some chromed stock style Chevy valve covers.

I haven't decided on the rims yet. But i'm leaning towards chromies with baby moons (15x6 & 15x10) or maybe some American five spokes. Interior will be black tuck n' roll or diamond pleat. I haven't decided on the gauges yet but the wood dash will be replaced with 'glass.

For paint i'm really leaning towards competition orange with flames and a little pinstriping.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back