Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

70 degrees and sunny

RPM

Administrator
Staff member
Forum Sponsor
2 days after Christmas and it is 70 degrees and sunny, so what a buckethead to do except get the bucket out and go for a cruise. Put about 25 miles on it today. Sure was nice to drive it again after it was 14 degrees here last weekend. :)

Sounds like a good day to me.

I spent some time in the garage today and hung the rear end housing under mine. I'm still just trial fitting everything and waiting with bated breath to see if I'm going to remain employed.

I need to get under it and see about fitting a cross member to attach some seat belts. I think Total has got about everything else pretty well handled, so it looks as if this is about the only piece I'm going to need to fabricate.

Mike,

Just my humble option, but I've seen a lot of bodies leave the frame in impacts... I'd secure the seatbelt to the body and not the frame just in case, cause I don't know about you, but I don't want to be the only thing holding the body to the frame! :eek:

Example...

WreckedT-Bucket.jpg

You also might want to get some feedback on those donut things total uses to secure the body to the frame, most of us go with something a little more stout... (grade 8 1/2 inch bolts with grade 8 fender washers in my case)...

That picture really gets your point across, especially with that sheet on the ground.

LumenAl said:
Just my humble option, but I've seen a lot of bodies leave the frame in impacts... I'd secure the seatbelt to the body and not the frame just in case, cause I don't know about you, but I don't want to be the only thing holding the body to the frame!
Al, I take the point of this photo, but I'm wanting something a bit more substantial than bolting seatbelts to a piece of plywood.

Yes, I think the method Total uses to attach the body to the frame is pretty lame and I'm upgrading that as well.

I figure any kind of a serious accident in a T is not going to be pretty in the first place (I'm visualizing a 4-wheeled motorcycle here ;)), but I'll take my chances being tied to the frame, rather than getting launched off like the body in that photo. The assembled body won't weigh all that much more than I do and adding my mass to the potential inertia seems to spell just that much more pain. :biggrin:

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back