Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

8 HP car manual from 49

Gerry

Been clearing a space for something new. Post on this in the next couple of days. Came across this which I thought may be a bit of fun for the 'senior' guys and a look back for the not so senior ones.
Just love the cover. Note the 8HP, just because it was a boast then. Can you imagine what its like to drive a car with 8bhp. I can my Dad had one when I was very young.... can just about remember going out on a Sunday for a Drive. It was a family treat then.
Anglia1.jpg
Anglia2.jpg
Anglia3.jpg

And for all you guys asking about dampers. Here you go

Anglia4.jpg

Can you imagine what my dad would say if I could tell him now there are Anglias around with 1000 BHP plus. He would nt believe it.
Gerry

That was a cool post! First thing I noticed, no syncros in that transmission for 1st gear. Also, a straight cut idler gear for that nice whine in reverse. People knew how to drive and shift in those days. Thanks for sharing those pictures.

Bob

I think the "8 HP" was a tax rating, not an actual horsepower rating. Same thing is true of the French 2CV, which stands for "Deux Chevaux," or "2 horses."

I'm shocked at the 1,000 or 7,000 mile oil change intervals!

First car I ever drove on my own was a 1959 Anglia 100E I think it was rated at 15 HP with it's flathead 4 cylinder and it would scoot along just fine up to about 70 MPH.The older Anglia like these had frame/drive lines that looked just like miniature American 34 Fords,I had at one time hoped to find someones Altered or Gasser projects left over drive line and build a mini C Cab hot rod on it!

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back