Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

A Florida cruise.

EX JUNK

This past Saturday we had a really great event down here in the "Sunshine State". It is put on by the Florida Roadsters of which I am a member. It is called ROADSTERS ROCK THE ISLAND. It is very much in the vein of the old fashioned rod runs in that everything is very laid back with no awards but some good old time cruising. All cars are '36 and older roadsters or convertibles. Other street rods are welcome but are not allowed to park with the open cars.

Everything got a start with a breakfast at Gills Seafood Deck in Port Canaveral. After a leisurely breakfast we left on a very scenic twenty mile cruise
to Doubles Beachside Bar and Grill where we had lunch and stayed until two o'clock. At that time we all cruised to Gary Moore's Hot Rod Stuff for cookies, ice cream and sodas. Gary is a VERY active rodder and colecter of auto related memorabilia so there was plenty to see in his well appointed shop.

After we all ate our fill and bench raced enough, we left for our homes. In all it was a GREAT day with picture perfect roadster weather. In all I put on over 140 miles and enjoyed every mile of it!

There were 48 roadsters and 4 "other" rods there. Of that number there were 10 T's which I thought was impressive. Here are some pictures of the T's that were there. I hope that you enjoy them.

IMG_0576.jpg

IMG_0577.jpg

IMG_0580.jpg

IMG_0581.jpg

IMG_0582.jpg

IMG_0614.jpg

IMG_0626.jpg

IMG_0627.jpg

Jim

Looks to be a great run...

Still cannot find a site for florida roadsters..

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back