Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Amateur Radio enthusiasts

Rip VW

Just wondering if there are any Amateur Radio operators out there. I have been studying to get my license re instated. I let it expire in the late 70's and have to do the tests all over and man I have forgotten so much since then and the tests are a lot different.. I was just curious as a lot of us are in that age range of old operators and curiosity is my middle name.:cool:

With all the modern electronics and satellites, etc. are HAM radio operators still called upon in emergency situations?

(BTW, there's a guy living near me with an antenna as big as his house!!!)

My cousin, who was blind since birth, has/had one and like you said, his antenna is a good size and it elevates when he uses it (sorry for the explanation). I remember growing up with him telling us all the places he reached and talked to. I imagine with all this cyber and counter cyber tech going on, the satellites would be the first hit. You saw "Terminator" right?;)

One regret was not getting my license when studying electronics.... the rf instructor offered bonus points to do it. I was too busy.

Spanky, In all honesty I wonder why people put up with the hassle of getting their license, dealing with the FCC, and buying all this expensive stuff just to talk to someone and to be of a public service, It has me scratching my head. Today it is computers, video games, cell phones, all right at hand and when you want to talk to someone you pickup your cell phone and push a series of numbers and poof uncle Joe is right there on your screen and talking away. Or you grab your laptop and type away just like you were there A lot of people these days have so many different things all crying out for your free time.

The fact is a lot of people say it's a dying art shows it doesn't have the support in the younger active generations like it did when I was lad. Also as I mentioned above their are too many hi tek things to waste what free time you might have. It tis a shame but in the meantime I will have a less crowded airwaves to talk away on..

You know studying this stuff reminds me of my younger years in advanced Electronics I never used half of the stuff I was taught and now I remember the work involved and trying to drag the electrical formulas back into my dusty closet of a brain. My brain hurts....

Spanky, In all honesty I wonder why people put up with the hassle of getting their license, dealing with the FCC, and buying all this expensive stuff just to talk to someone and to be of a public service, It has me scratching my head. Today it is computers, video games, cell phones, all right at hand and when you want to talk to someone you pickup your cell phone and push a series of numbers and poof uncle Joe is right there on your screen and talking away. Or you grab your laptop and type away just like you were there A lot of people these days have so many different things all crying out for your free time.

The fact is a lot of people say it's a dying art shows it doesn't have the support in the younger active generations like it did when I was lad. Also as I mentioned above their are too many hi tek things to waste what free time you might have. It tis a shame but in the meantime I will have a less crowded airwaves to talk away on..

You know studying this stuff reminds me of my younger years in advanced Electronics I never used half of the stuff I was taught and now I remember the work involved and trying to drag the electrical formulas back into my dusty closet of a brain. My brain hurts....
My thought is based on knowing that the UN was gifted control of the internet by good ole Husain, and all modern consumer based communication is monitored, regulated, censored, and controlled or controllable by the internet. Having access to uncensored, unedited, non biased, actual free speech is sort of a survival tool... Yeah, I’m a rebel at heart.

Yeah most hot rodders are rebels at heart, Your truly included. The internet is a place where who knows what the truth is it is all government controlled and censored. There is a lot of misinformation out there...

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back