Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Battery Location?

bobs66440

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
I'm looking for some suggestions as to where to mount the battery. I'm not running any type of rear bodywork, so my choices are limited.

I used Spirits through the floor, drop in glass box,passenger side under the seat.

What size battery are you using? If you use one of the small gel batteries your options open up.

I mounted mine between my crossmembers:

5%20Jun%202011%20001.JPG_595.jpg

13%20aug%202011%20003.JPG_595.jpg

What size battery are you using? If you use one of the small gel batteries your options open up.

I mounted mine between my crossmembers:

5%20Jun%202011%20001.JPG_595.jpg

13%20aug%202011%20003.JPG_595.jpg
Wow! That IS a tiny battery. That would definitely provide more options for sure. How does it crank the engine? It seems so small...I haven't gotten a battery yet, but if that will work, that would be great!

Same here. Have had it for a couple of years and love the options it gives you. Cranks my small block with no problems.

The Odyssey has great crank amps but not a high amp-hour rating. It's not intended to run radios and accessories for any length of time. It's small so it can be mounted in many out-of-the-way places. It's fully sealed so never any maintenance of any sort. It can be mounted in any position...ANY. It charges very fast. Starts my Ford 302 with no problem and mine is mounted in the trunk of my 27T. Running #2 cable to engine. Grounded to frame near battery.

I use an Odyssey PC 680 in my roadster, mounted inside on the firewall on top of the trans tunnel. In my '31 Coupe I use an Odyssey PC 925 mounted in the trunk. It's slightly larger and slightly more powerful, but still very compact for it's power. The good news is Odyssey batteries are made in the USA and they have a long life expectancy...:D

My Optima battery and billet holder is so pretty I mounted it in the passenger footwell:

P1010899.JPG
Easy access and still room for the ladies gams.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back