Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Blower motor T

Jim B

Just got this one. Always wanted a Supercharger.
1 (6).jpg 1 (1).jpg

Attachments

• 1 (2).jpg
    1 (2).jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 65
  • 1 (3).jpg
    1 (3).jpg
    132.6 KB · Views: 64
  • 1 (4).jpg
    1 (4).jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 63
  • 1 (5).jpg
    1 (5).jpg
    118.6 KB · Views: 64
  • 1 (7).jpg
    1 (7).jpg
    73 KB · Views: 63
  • 1 (8).jpg
    1 (8).jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 65
Holy crap! That's nice.

Holy crap! That's nice.
Looks like from the documentation it was a Total Performance T finished about 2000 or so. At that time it had a high-rise manifold and a Holley 650 on it. Later it looks like a big tunnel ram went on with two Holleys. Then in 2018 or so, the engine was reworked for a blower with flat top 8.5:1 pistons and a Lunati Cam.

Who in this group are the supercharger experts and can tell me the inside secrets? So far I think I should use Valvoline racing oil because of the zinc. Apparently blower motors are cold natured and easy to flood at startup. Let it warm up completely before reving it up. (same as any motor I suppose) Also it came with the bug catcher scoop that you see in the pics but without the scoop it gets a lot more air and runs way better. (filters still in place) I may sell the bug catcher set up if I anyone can recommend a filter set up that allows a little more flow.

Zinc is good for the engine but in your blower drive you want specifically a non-foaming oil. Don't step on the gas when you start it up or it may backfire which is never a good thing with a blower. I pump the pedal twice then take my foot off and turn the key to start it. The engine catches immediately and then I have to give it gas to keep it going because it does need to warm up before driving. I run a scoop with an open face to hide the air cleaners, it works just fine. Also don't set the blower drive belt too tight. I think it is supposed to deflect 3/4" either way from center when cold. As always, your mileage may vary.

Zinc is good for the engine but in your blower drive you want specifically a non-foaming oil. Don't step on the gas when you start it up or it may backfire which is never a good thing with a blower. I pump the pedal twice then take my foot off and turn the key to start it. The engine catches immediately and then I have to give it gas to keep it going because it does need to warm up before driving. I run a scoop with an open face to hide the air cleaners, it works just fine. Also don't set the blower drive belt too tight. I think it is supposed to deflect 3/4" either way from center when cold. As always, your mileage may vary.
Show me a picture of the scoop on yours, 409T. Also, I put Premium pure gas with no ethanol in it...overkill or not?

I'll get a picture posted tomorrow. As for gas, I use premium, 91 octane because that is what is available. I honestly will have to look at the pump to see if it has any ethanol in it. Maybe 10%, maybe not, I can't remember, mostly because we have no real choice.

Here ya go. It is a BDS scoop with a grill that I added to make the air filters a little less visible.

085938_re.jpg 090049_re.jpg

Jim B - Did you build it or buy it? If purchased...where?

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back