Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Brake pedal/master cylinder mounting

Looking for ideas on if anyone has mounted their brake pedal on the outside of the frame, and linkaged it to a mc inside the frame?

Rebuilding a total t, steering box takes up most of my under floor space and this would allow an ergonomical pedal layout.

This is the closest thing I could find to what you are suggesting, and it is actually the clutch pedal that is outside the frame. Note the 'scoop' that hides the arrangement mounted on the body.

Albers6.jpgAlbers7.jpg

rolling_chassis.138.jpg

You can mount the M/C behind the transmission inside the frame. Picture not good but you can see
where Spirit mounts theirs.

T-test, that space is taken up by my steering box already.

I really liked the idea of the steering box being hidden under the car, but then that makes the brake pedal location suck. Gimmie a few days and I'll have it built. Just hoping someone had done one with pedal outside, MC inside so I could see their execution of the idea.

DSCN2230.JPG
These are from my Bucket and they were to move the gear shift all the way to the left against the wall. This left the floor flat and I really did not have the room under there. I understand this is not a brake but the engineering should be the same....This works very well for me....

Attachments

• DSCN2233.JPG
    DSCN2233.JPG
    536.6 KB · Views: 64
  • DSCN2228.JPG
    DSCN2228.JPG
    539.6 KB · Views: 63
You could try mounting it way back with a push rod like in the pics, but maybe without the dual cylinders and balance bar.

lines4 (2) (2015_11_13 11_07_31 UTC).JPG

lines (2) (2015_11_13 11_07_31 UTC).JPG

If your steering box is that far back on the frame, where are you going to sit? Go to Spirit's web sight and look at their frames again. Their's are way back close to the end of the transmission.

Its not that the steering box is back, its quite forward, but i dont want the brake pedal to be back (closer to me) so far from the column. The first configuration of the car had the brake pedal and gas pedal almost a foot away from eachother. Clearly too far to be able to stop in a hurry, as the car wrecked.
I think I have a plan devised to make what I have in my head work.

My mc is under the floor and I made linkage system with a z bar like bell crank set up for the brake and clutch to get around everything and place the pedals to optimize space. Not much of it. It was a bit of fab work but added adjustability as a bonus.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back