Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

bucket top

I drew these up for mine, not real detailed but might get ya going on a path...

topframesideview.jpg

Topframetopview.jpg

topframerearview.jpg

then the real thing... These girls were tickled pink when I let them sit in the car... that was a fun day... happens to be a good shot of the finished product too... :welcome:

CovingtonCarShow4.jpg

Where were you guys when I posted for top patterns ?this is the kind of stuff I was looking for too!

The CCR style has a flat top and looks to be a little taller. The first picture is from the internet, the others are from the nationals.
Ron20and20Tam2023T-lg.jpg

IMGP4573.jpg

IMGP4572.jpg

IMGP4571.jpg

I have looked at some of the tops posted & noticed not a lot will fold down the one on my bucket folds down so you have the best of the sun & rain the side curtins that zip on & clip on as per photos the front has a piece of angle that clamps down to the top of the window I hope this helps you I have removed the top for the first photos with a string to hold it all up
017-10.jpg

018-9.jpg

019-9.jpg

020-8.jpg

the last one I built I got some tube bent to the width of the car then taped a piece of string to the back of the car up over the tube to the front of the car then lifted the tube to the height I wanted, this was then cut to length & mounted then the second one was made the same way (two people is always good when doing this) once the frame is built get an old sheet tape the front onto the windscreen draping it over the car & down to the back this will give you something to cut & safty pin in place & will give you all the areas to sew hope this makes sence to you

c cab said:
the last one I built I got some tube bent to the width of the car then taped a piece of string to the back of the car up over the tube to the front of the car then lifted the tube to the height I wanted, this was then cut to length & mounted then the second one was made the same way (two people is always good when doing this) once the frame is built get an old sheet tape the front onto the windscreen draping it over the car & down to the back this will give you something to cut & safty pin in place & will give you all the areas to sew hope this makes sence to you
This is EXACTLY what I been looking for !My wife can stitch this up no problem and now I have some idea as to how the top goes together.I know I got a lot of big ideas/plans BUT if this car comes out close to my plans it will be my daily driver once registered.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back