Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Cruising . . .

95° here, but 76° in the garage. C'mon over.

While we're on the subject, I believe cruising our hot rods is an important aspect of the hobby. If we expect the newer generations to pick up where we leave off, we need to be ambassadors for our passion. So get out there and cruise around town, and welcome the horn-honks and thumbs-up and occasional stop-and-chats, especially from the younger set. And above all, drive safely and courteously. If people cut you off, just smile and wave. Don't do stupid stunts - an occasional burnout is OK under the right conditions, but don't make every stoplight a drag strip tree! People are watching. . . ;)

While we're on the subject, I believe cruising our hot rods is an important aspect of the hobby. If we expect the newer generations to pick up where we leave off, we need to be ambassadors for our passion. So get out there and cruise around town, and welcome the horn-honks and thumbs-up and occasional stop-and-chats, especially from the younger set. And above all, drive safely and courteously. If people cut you off, just smile and wave. Don't do stupid stunts - an occasional burnout is OK under the right conditions, but don't make every stoplight a drag strip tree! People are watching. . . ;)

When I see kids eyes get wide as I'm going by, a couple of blips on the ah-ooga horn brings a smile to their faces every time.

Spanky, after I read your post I decided to go for a short cruise. Same thing happened. Be it kids or adults, you get some kind of response. I give them the ah-ooga horn and watch them jump. They’re not expecting it! I love it!

Took a little cruise yesterday, left about 5 pm and got back around 9 pm, for a total of 129
miles. Stopped and got something to eat and took it to the lake where we ate and watched
others on the lake. The wife drove most of the way back.

GoogleMaps01.jpg
FortCobbCruise_Img0835.jpg

FortCobbCruise_IMG0836.jpg

Was that Lake Thunderbird? We found a pretty good Funnel Cake wagon about block east of Hwy 37 and Hwy 4 just east of Tuttle.

Was that Lake Thunderbird? We found a pretty good Funnel Cake wagon about block east of Hwy 37 and Hwy 4 just east of Tuttle.
No this is the Fort Cobb lake, which is south of you and a little bit west.

Sounds like it was a nice ride!
Oh, it was !!!

I've been working on the trailer so much I forgot to have fun cruising the TBucket. It's been
several weeks since I had it out last.

Since summer weather is here, my cruising time has changed; I try to get it in before noon. Today was beautiful: bright sun and temp in the low 70's. My little small block was purring like a kitten . . . until I floored it - then it roared like a lion! :laugh:

During these 'dog days' of Summer, my cruising time is between 9:00 AM and noon. Afternoons are just too hot! :unsure::cautious:

During these 'dog days' of Summer, my cruising time is between 9:00 AM and noon. Afternoons are just too hot! :unsure::cautious:
Tell me about it. It’s been in the 90’s for weeks here and I have been moving dirt in my old dump truck and my tractor, neither with a/c, lol... thankfully, my old truck has wing windows. Sure sucks the life out of me... I remember doing such work all day, every day... many moons ago.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back