Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

curved axle

i suppose this should be in the manufactures threads but, i would like to hear if everybody else would be interested in this. what i was thinking is, how about taking a round piece of tubing and rolling it to create the curve of a v8-60 ford tube axle. i know there is the oval shaped tubing available like the original, but it is probably more money that round. from a manufacturing stand point, less money in the material equates to less money the customer has to come up with to buy it. now this is for poor folks like me, not all you high dollar guys. i am thinking about making one to see how it will come out. at the metal yard i go to, there is a display showing all the types of metal that a custom motorcycle shop, also near me, can roll. i might just have to go see them. what do you all think? any interest in something different for a front axle? in case you don't know what one is look here.
http://www.bing.com/search?q=what is a v8 60 front axle &qs=n&form=QBRE&pq=what is a v8 60 front axle &sc=0-42&sp=-1&sk=&cvid=eae814e1f14f4a109ba753bcdb0d1d42

That would be neat. Another possibility would be make a dropped axle with the drops closer to the center of the axle. There was one a year or so back on one of the threads that caused a lot of attention. May get more sales with one of those.

This is a standard 2" O.D. tube axle with an addedJERRYS JAG T   (9).jpg "smile bend". The axle actually only has just a single bend in the center not a roll. This makes the drop deeper and improves the look, but the bosses need to be put on after the bends are made (you cannot take a finished axle and add the center bend).

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back