Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Donor Engine and Rear End

Hey Gang,
I've got a 1992 Full Size Ford Bronco that has a relatively fresh rebuild 302 EFI V-8 in it, the trans has been rebuilt as well, and the rear axle is still good as well....The rest of the truck is falling afoul to body rot and such...Is this engine, trans, and rear end useful for donor parts for a T bucket? Would the brake systems be worth hanging onto as well?
I've got my mind set on building a T Bucket in the next few years, and I'm wondering if I should pull all this stuff out of this old Bronco, hang on to it, and get the local auto recycler to cart away the carcass...
How difficult would it be to get the 320EFI to run in a Bucket? Are there any resources to help me figure out how to do it?
Or should I just try to sell this Bronco as is, and then scavage parts from other donor vehicles?
Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks!
Franz in NJ

302 is a fine choice... tranny could work if it is 2 wheel drive, rear end too if it’s a 9”.
Just thought of the transmission, it has a transfer case for FWD, can't make a T Bucket with FWD, what other transmission would work with this engine, and how do I know if the rear end is 9"? What do I measure?
Sorry, I've done lots of Kart racing and 2 stroke engine building but this is my first foray into T Buckets, so I'm a newbie!
Thanks for the info and any more ideas!
Franz in NJ

You can change to a 2wd tailshaft if you’re sure trans is ok. Save wire harness or go back to carb or aftermarket efi.

Everything you have in the Bronco can be used in a T-bucket. You just have to be a little creative. Does the Bronco drive at all? If so, how does it run/shift, etc. And yes, the brake components may be salvageable, but Speedway and others make really good brake systems engineered for T-buckets, especially the fronts. It's all about the $$.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back