Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Electrical Drawings

Intrepid

These drawings are for my personal use, they are not signed and I hold no liability, but feel free to reference them for ideas.
This system allows for push button start, hot battery bus for auxiliary stuff, say if you want you run the stereo or charge your phone with the engine off, line lock, and a few other goodies.
You may also notice this is for a breaker panel not a fuse panel, but potato-tomato.
I use allot of relays because they are cheap and is saves on running bigger gauge wire all over, there is a Bill Of Materials (BOM) on the front page with listed vendors and part numbers.
It is not complete, and I didn't add my security circuit, or much detail to the stereo circuit, I figure most people have there own needs as far as stereo.

http://www.jeffw.ca/Bucket/Electrical/Electrical.zip

Well I was hoping for a bit of feedback.
I know all the materials are Mil Spec and costly, but I get them for free out of old airplanes.
@PotvinGuy did you have a look.
Any thoughts ?

Thanks for posting. The drawings are professional and very good. I probably use more of the sketch stuff when thinking out wiring, but can see where this would be very helpful from a design stand point.

I have modified some connectors due to my availability, but once I get moving on this a bit more I will add the crimper part numbers for the pins that are used.
The ground blocks and terminal blocks that are used I think are the real advantage for a T-Bucket or any rod.
The ground blocks are the handiest thing since sliced bread

Air Cost Control

Well I was hoping for a bit of feedback.
I know all the materials are Mil Spec and costly, but I get them for free out of old airplanes.
@PotvinGuy did you have a look.
Any thoughts ?
Intrepid, I just got around to looking at your drawings and am green with envy! Very nice. It looks like no ignition switch, right? I don't have one either. I'd just lose the key, and this way no one else can figure out how to start the car. Didn't trace every wire yet, but did notice the alternator sense lead is behind a breaker. I take mine right off the +12 bus. Now most guys go with a 1-wire alt or just jumper the sense lead to the B term. I'm a bit OCD about it, I want every volt at the bus. Looking forward to pics!

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back