Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Finally building my bucket

Hello from the Caribbean, where so far we've been really lucky this hurricane season and had about as many hurricanes as Ohio.

Why not tell us about your T plans, a little at a time, so that you can build your post count up a bit to where you can post some pics. (need 10 posts)

Welcome aboard! And yes, we want to hear more about what you have in mind for your little hot rod . . . o_O

Thanks everyone..I have wanted a T for years. I bought this project from a gentleman who lost interest and had a bunch of parts bought. It's a Polk frame and Speedway body and parts. Everything was new except the S 10 rear end.
Lot of things didn't fit and had some fabrication to do. Started in April this year and the frame and suspension parts are out to powdercoat right now. Body work is about done. I designed a set of hinges to raise and lower the bed cover without any cutting. They are being cut out on a wet jet. Took a little thinking.
I have made more changes but will stop there in case anyone has questions.
This has been a great project and has moved along faster that I thought.

On my hinges I said I designed the hinges. Actually my brother finally figured it out. He has been a huge help with this project. Got to give credit where its due.

My brother is a huge help. My plans are a 350 chevy backed up with a TCI transmission and a single 4 barrel. Bought them new and upgraded with intake, carb and headers. Not looking for something I cant drive but want some power.
Running 4 wheel disc brakes. Bought a conversion for the s 10 rear end.
I must say reading these forums and seeing some of the things people had to deal with sure helped me plan and how to go about it. Everyone on here has some experience and that is a great learning tool.

Welcome from Arizona!
Glad to have you aboard.
(Native Buckeye here...born and raised in Toledo, but please don't hold that against me...:thumbsdown:)

I also was born and raised in Ohio, Youngstown that is. The only that kept me there was a good paying job. As soon as I retired I moved to sunny Florida.

Jim

Just a update. My frame and parts are finally back from powdercoat. Had to switch to different one as my parts just set there. They look great. Front end is on and rear end is in. Brake lines run. Top bows are on the body. They have to come off for painting body. Going to put motor and transmission in if all goes well tomorrow. Hope to be painting body very soon.
Thanks everyone for welcoming me.

Glad to hear a progress report. Post some more messages and after ten you should be able to upload some pics. ;)

Post some pics when you can. We'd love to see it.

Motor and transmission in. Car is now a rolling chassis. Waiting on one part from powder. It had a flaw in it. Hope to have body in primer very soon.
Happy Thanksgiving to everyone.

. Hope to have body in primer very soon.

Just don't do what I did: I left out the catalyst the first time I shot primer on my bucket.:sick: There was no remedy other that to sand it all off and re-paint with catalyzed primer. :mad:What an idiot I felt like, :confused: and what a pain to do it.

Thanks for the reminder Spanky..I read about your car and am glad you didn't get hurt. You seem to be getting it back together nicely. I know you just cant be careful enough today.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back