Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Finally Finished

PeteT

Hi Guys,

It's been a while since I've been on here but I've finally finished my project. 6 years maybe too long for some but I didn't want to rush it....

I remember there being a great bunch of helpful guys on here so thought I'd post some pictures of the results to say thanks.

dcp_5459bLarge.jpg

dcp_5465Large.jpg

dcp_5462bLarge.jpg

dcp_5468bLarge.jpg

dcp_5469bLarge.jpg

dcp_5488Large.jpg

dcp_5480.jpg

dcp_5473Large.jpg

dcp_5476Large.jpg

Very nice job. I love the graphics.

WOW, outstanding work, that's definitely show quality.

Looks like six years was just about right. Looks nice

Even though the tag is too wide and your steering it all wrong.............. Excellent job sir, I like it alot.

Very nice! Well worth the wait i'm sure. I like the body lines in the first pic, and the interior is spectacular.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

That thing is BaddAss. I don't usually like fenders on a T, but yours look absolutely right. Great work! Awesome!

Thanks for all the nice comments...

Yes it's going to the T party (assumming weather is ok!)

Hope this picture shows the fender bracket clearer. It's been fabricated from sheet and strip, details below.

dcp_5470bLarge.jpg

It's fabricated from 40mm x 5mm strip rolled to the diameter of the hub. Three holes were drilled through the strip and hub and captive nuts welded on the outside of the strip and the bolts mount from the inside of the hub (the driveshaft has to be rotated for each bolt to be inserted)
The two sides were laser cut from 3mm stainless. Spacer tubes were machined up and the two side plates welded using the tubes to get the correct width. The side plates were tacked onto the curved strip (the captive nuts sit inside the side plates).
Some 30mm x 5mm strip was then bent and tacked to the top of the side plates to hold the fender. This was fixed to the hub with the wheel fitted and adjusted so it looked about right. The I got some 15mm x 3mm strip to fill the two side plates (ie so it's box section). This was tacked to start with so nothing moved and then slowly seam welded (Yes there is an awfull lot of TIG welding!) . Once fully welded it was cleaned up and polished. They do look like they are made from solid.

Here's one of the front which might show it clearer. It was made in a similar way but slightly narrower to scale with the narrow fender on the front.

dcp_5277Large.jpg

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back