Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

First ride of 2020!

Neshkoro

I dusted off the bucket and fired it up for the first time this year. It was 53 degrees in Chicago today so I thought "What the heck"! I went for a short ride. It felt good to be back in the driver's seat!
A bit nippy but sure a lot of fun. I can't wait for the nice weather!

I talked to Rolla yesterday and he said it was a great day in St Louis, it was almost 70 here but the damn wind was almost that high too.....

Drove my roadster home from the Starbird show in Tulsa Sunday evening , the 16th, around 8:30pm. It was a comfortable 50 degree ride. I only had to go about 15 miles.

I feel your pain, Darlene. It took me over 10 years to finish my T, and not a day goes by that I'm not thankful for a couple of unselfish friends who helped me finally get it on the road. Driving it is truly a tonic for the soul! :D

PS - What helped me 'over the hump' was to do a little job each day, and pretty soon all the 'little' jobs were done!

Shifter.jpgE.jpg

Spanky, I thought mine took a long time at 5+ years!
Darlene, we’re all looking forward to your first trip around the block! You have to video that so we all can see and hear it!

I feel your pain, Darlene. It took me over 10 years to finish my T, and not a day goes by that I'm not thankful for a couple of unselfish friends who helped me finally get it on the road. Driving it is truly a tonic for the soul! :D

PS - What helped me 'over the hump' was to do a little job each day, and pretty soon all the 'little' jobs were done!

View attachment 18356View attachment 18357

Spanky, I thought mine took a long time at 5+ years!
Darlene, we’re all looking forward to your first trip around the block! You have to video that so we all can see and hear it!

Strangely enough, or perhaps not so strangely after all, . . .

I bought a couple of Go Pros, ( the new Hero 8 black, and a Hero 6 black) a few months back anticipating doing some build videos. Was hoping it might help me keep up interest and momentum. I even bought the domain www.hotrodgranny.com to try to chronicle the build, but haven't done anything on it so far.

Unfortunately, my regular job seems to have hijacked way more of my time than expected these last few months, without any relief in the foreseeable future . . . .

But sooner or later, it'll all come together, hopefully a lot sooner than later.

Since none of us lives within visiting range, maybe we can do virtual visits. What one thing do you want to do next on your project? Walk us through your next step . . . o_O

Since none of us lives within visiting range, maybe we can do virtual visits. What one thing do you want to do next on your project? Walk us through your next step . . . o_O

Virtual Visits, I like that concept.

I need to pull the body off and set the engine and trans in so I can measure and order a driveline, and then run the lines for the fuel, trans, and power brake booster.

Setting the engine /trans in should be a weekend job, (OK maybe a long weekend depending on how it goes) as long as the ground is dry and hard, and if I can find some help . . . . both of which have been pretty scarce. (consistent good weather and help)

Once that's done, I should be able to manage on my own again once the body is back on

Setting the engine /trans in should be a weekend job, (OK maybe a long weekend depending on how it goes) as long as the ground is dry and hard, and if I can find some help . . . . both of which have been pretty scarce. (consistent good weather and help)

What about your newfound fellow T-bucket owner. Can he lend a hand? He might enjoy being asked . . .

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back