Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

First Snow

hulkamania

Sponsor
Forum Sponsor
We woke up this morning to a white surprise. Sleet, freezing rain and snow. I am working from home because the roads are horrible. It is snowing pretty good right now as I type this. This is our first snow yet this winter.

10955724_10153093125556753_6686347747851768333_n.jpg

We woke up this morning to a white surprise. Sleet, freezing rain and snow. I am working from home because the roads are horrible. It is snowing pretty good right now as I type this. This is our first snow yet this winter.

As the Quaker said, " better ye than thee."

Jim

It's been white here most of the year except for a couple melts. they are calling for 4-7" today... I am not thrilled!

We're all trying to keep warm, as we watch the weekend snow forecast. High temperatures are in the teens, with lows dropping down to the zero mark, nearly every night this week. And Saturday is a huge question mark. One day, they say we will get 1" - 3" of snow. The next day, they bump it up to 5" - 8". Today, they are back to saying 1" - 3".

My forecast for Saturday is that we will have weather. I've no more clue than the meteorologists, but I am certain we will have weather.

They are calling for more snow this weekend. My 3 year old girl enjoyed the snow. She had a blast playing yesterday and today.
You better enjoy it while you can! Before long it will melt, and the sun will shine, and it will get warm, and the grass will grow. Darn it! Was I sarcastic enough? I am tired of winter! Lol. I am happy to hear your daughter is enjoying it though.

Now just think, come July it will be 100 degrees and we will be asking for ice.
We got about a 1/2" of pure ice, then about 2" of snow on top of that. It has only go to a high of 24 today. More snow on the way tomorrow, the weather guessers are saying 3-5". We will see. The low Thursday is -15.

Yep....7" of snow and 450 feet of driveway. Son-in-law has snowplow business but too busy (yeah, right) to get to my driveway. HVAC repairman coming today in a VAN. Shoveled complete drive with cheap snow shovel. That equals 125 cu yds of snow or 10 LARGE dump trucks full. Don't think this 67 year old heart will need checking at annual physical next month. Time to leave Missouri and head for South Texas.

Yep....7" of snow and 450 feet of driveway. Son-in-law has snowplow business but too busy (yeah, right) to get to my driveway. HVAC repairman coming today in a VAN. Shoveled complete drive with cheap snow shovel. That equals 125 cu yds of snow or 10 LARGE dump trucks full. Don't think this 67 year old heart will need checking at annual physical next month. Time to leave Missouri and head for South Texas.
I too have a long, curving, hilly drive with much snow, and it keeps drifting. I sold my plow truck, so, I will have to get the kubota out and plow again, and again, til this crap ends... Sounds like we are in for a pretty lengthy ride per the forecasters... I am also ready to relocate, but I did that in 2000, what misery! I at least want to be able to leave for a couple months each year soon.

I too have a long, curving, hilly drive with much snow, and it keeps drifting. I sold my plow truck, so, I will have to get the kubota out and plow again, and again, til this crap ends... Sounds like we are in for a pretty lengthy ride per the forecasters... I am also ready to relocate, but I did that in 2000, what misery! I at least want to be able to leave for a couple months each year soon.
I suppose I can take credit, or blame for this mess. I just picked up a zero turn mower and my new to me bike last week when the sun was shining... Sorry!

A brief moment of silence for an 'awww, heck no, not again'...

snow001.jpg

I am sick to death of winter. We're currently under a wind chill advisory. Barely 5:00 PM, and it is 7°, with a wind chill of -13°. And, as you can see, recorded temperature is expected to drop to -4°, tonight. It will be so cold I will have a lump in my throat, if you catch my drift.

rawls001.jpg

I work on the 4th floor of this building. And, as you can see, we have a extremely high, curved roof, with that area all wrapped in glass. Note, glass is not a good insulator. Under that curved roof, those windows at the right are commons areas on the 2nd and 3rd floor. It is an open area on my floor. The interior corner is at an atrium that is open all the way down to the 1st floor. So, my floor always has a cold draft, in the winter months, as the cold air is dropping through that atrium.

4001.jpg

Left of the camera is the open, atrium area, so you can see how that heavy, cold air just drops through there. My teeth are chattering, just thinking about it. There's a computer lab at the far end of the hall, with 40 work stations and a server running, 24/7/365. Methinks that room will be needing some TLC, tonight.

Now they are forecasting snow squalls, which means we might have to go outside to remove snow and/or throw salt. Have I mentioned how much I love summer weather?

They are calling for more ice tonight and tomorrow morning. This is my first day back to work since Friday. It is 14 degrees right now. Saturday is supposed to be 50 degrees with rain all day and then Sunday high of 33 degrees. All next week nothing over 35 I believe. Last Saturday and Sunday I was in a tshirt and could of wore shorts playing outside with my daughter. It has been a crazy February so far.

They are calling for more ice tonight and tomorrow morning. This is my first day back to work since Friday. It is 14 degrees right now. Saturday is supposed to be 50 degrees with rain all day and then Sunday high of 33 degrees. All next week nothing over 35 I believe. Last Saturday and Sunday I was in a tshirt and could of wore shorts playing outside with my daughter. It has been a crazy February so far.
We are in a deep freeze. All the schools, even colleges closed due to cold, wind chill in the negative thirty range per the weather forecast, and no end in site, brief warm up towards the end of the week, then back down. This winter just won't quit! I feel like a bear, hibernating....

Looks like Al Gore saw his shadow.

IF global warming is happening--my arse will be on fire by tonight with the temperature at 10* and the wind chill at 0*. here in N.C. A lot of people that live in colder climates are use to this-- but I'm NOT!! Been to Alaska, know what cold is when you can't go out side by yourself in case you fall down, you can't get back up without help with all the suits you have on. Looked like a Michelin tire man or the marsh mellow man.

If there has EVER been a scam, this is one of global proportions. Where did the big freeze from prehistoric times come from? God? No, it came from the natural changes of the earth which will occur again--some day. Who knows? I hope not to be here when it happens.

The only thing I see wrong is we[people] are not renewing the trees we use as that is what cleans and makes the air we breath. Air quality is bad in more populated areas and more fossil fuel burning to support them. If Government were to limit such crowding, they would lose there income from the cities and towns to keep up with their existence. Hence no progress.

Which came first-the egg or the chicken- the answer will be left to those elected to think for us. Sheeple!

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back