Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Functional Horn Button

kgrimm

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
How do you make the horn button on your steering wheel functional? My bucket has an unknown steering column and a Grant GT wheel on (apparently) a Grant adapter. There are connections on the bottom of the adapter for horn wiring, but how do I run the wiring thru the column without it getting twisted up during steering? I know that modern cars have a "clockspring" to allow the wheel to turn without tearing up the wires, but I haven't figured out how to do it on a T. As it is, the horn button is on the front of the seat, but I'd like it on the wheel. All ideas would be greatly appreciated!

It may not look pretty, but you can use something that looks like a phone cord. You can see them on the Nascar cup cars for steering wheel buttons. Speedway has a racing catalog if you cannot find them by googling.

On mine the button closes the ground to the column itself, so you need to be sure the column is grounded to the frame or whatever you are using for your ground plane.

Most all of the Steering wheel manfacturers make a horn kit. Check online with Grant http://www.grantproducts.com/products/browse/installation-kits/

3162.jpg

Lime works has a kit to convert most columns.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back