Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

got any pic's??? Fuse panel mounting.

2xcrash

Anyone have pics of how they mounted their fuse panel and how they ran their wires during the build. It would help a lot trying to figure out what Im doing. (instead of doing things 2 or 3 times like I have been)
Thanks

My distribution panel is mounted behind the dash and swings down like guilld has mentioned. Below are some pictures that might help.

These two show the panel in the up or normal position and is completely out of sight in that position. If you look closely at the second picture you'll see the wing nut that holds the panel in the up position.

This shows the panel in the down position for trouble shooting.

Jim

Mine isn't nearly as slick. Its just bolted to the plywood insert inside the firewall. It's pretty small and tucked pretty tight up there so you can't see it. To access it you need to contort yourself and lay down inside on the floor. Jim's setup is way better...

Mine isn't nearly as slick. Its just bolted to the plywood insert inside the firewall. It's pretty small and tucked pretty tight up there so you can't see it. To access it you need to contort yourself and lay down inside on the floor. Jim's setup is way better...

I've not actually done it, but my plan is to make some form of a drawer to contain the fuse panel and other electronics, that I could pull out from under the dash when needed. Oil pressure, water temp, amp gauges, along with warning lights would mount to the face of the drawer. With my mobility issues, function and access must come before appearances.

IMG_20141226_102621195.jpg

My distribution panel is mounted behind the dash and swings down like guilld has mentioned. Below are some pictures that might help.

These two show the panel in the up or normal position and is completely out of sight in that position. If you look closely at the second picture you'll see the wing nut that holds the panel in the up position.

This shows the panel in the down position for trouble shooting.

Jim

That's how I want my wiring. Clean, clean, clean.

Definitely not my specialty though.

I built my system on an aluminum plate and mounted it vertically behind the bucket seats:

P1010837.JPG
P1010753.JPG

....it's connectorized so I can remove it to do work on it. Some wires go into the frame rails to get to the lights and motor. Other wires go under the car to get to the dash.

Last edited:
Wow Potvin guy! Some neat ideas there.
LOVE the "wiring blender" effect the simple slotted box gives.
Thats the kind of stuff I personally consider brilliant! :D

This is the panel I built for mine. My dash is removable in about 5 minutes, so access is not a problem. The white connector in the center is where the dash wiring hooks up. The switch panel is mounted to the steering column support. About half of the relays are for the air suspension, but all heavy loads have a relay, including hi/low beams and starter.

rbs - The body is by RussNoMore Streetrods in Louisiana. It came with the removable 32 Ford dash. It has double wall construction and a door. I added some wood bracing before I glued the inner and outer halves together, but they told me it didn't need it. I also added a steel tube hoop under the dash that ties into the chassis and an adjustable brace for the unsupported side of the door opening that also ties in the chassis.

Hey PotvinGuy - Does the Flux Capacitor help with fuel mileage?

I get 42 years per gallon with it!

Wow Potvin guy! Some neat ideas there.
LOVE the "wiring blender" effect the simple slotted box gives.
Thats the kind of stuff I personally consider brilliant! :D

The slotted box has a cover that snaps in place, and the stuff is called Panduit. Comes in variety of widths and depths. You can buy it from electronic vendors like Mouser and Digikey.
P1010834.JPG

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back