Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Hard or seemingly impossible parts to find???

Muscle Inkk

First and foremost, if this question is in the wrong forum please let me know... I'll move it to where it belongs,

That being said... In the upcoming week I'm going to have access to a shop that was owned by a true hot rodder/collector for the last 30 plus years. My question is, what parts are becoming increasingly harder to find during a T-Bucket build.

Also what parts are always worth grabbing regardless if you need them or not.

At some point the shop will be cleaned out and all put into a dumpster for scrap.... Tell me what to look for before that happens lol

Thank y'all!!

Take anything they will let you have.
Some parts are worth more than others, but all can be used to build a hotrod.
Be greedy if most everything is 30+ years old, including equipment and hand tools. JMTCW

Take anything they will let you have.
Some parts are worth more than others, but all can be used to build a hotrod.
Be greedy if most everything is 30+ years old, including equipment and hand tools. JMTCW

The son isn't at the "get rid of it" stage yet. I don't know that I'll make it back before then either.... I'm gonna try to pick up as much at possible in case I don't

Take anything headed for the dumpster, buy anything commonly seen on buckets you can afford. Let him know you will help him find homes for anything left over.

Suspension pieces like wishbones, radius rods, spindles and spring perches are always useable. Also, things like windshield posts, shock and headlight mounts are valuable.

Take anything headed for the dumpster, buy anything commonly seen on buckets you can afford. Let him know you will help him find homes for anything left over.

That's definitely the plan... I'm going to go through it this week and buy anything I can, including the few items Spanky mentioned. I'm also going to tell him to let me know when the dumpster is on it's way and see if I can snag a few more things then.

Suspension pieces like wishbones, radius rods, spindles and spring perches are always useable. Also, things like windshield posts, shock and headlight mounts are valuable.

Thank you... I'll look out for those items especially. I know there's some good parts left but a little direction from you guys is helpful.

Not sure what all these brackets are but I snagged them and a set of radius bars, also got a few grills, a set of leafs with mounting brackets, a rear over dif leaf, and another random leaf with brackets of some sort. There was a really nice set of brand new seats I got and 3 axles. The chrome axle straight and has a leaf spring mounted, one is a stripped drop axle and the other I think is a stripped i-beam drop axle.

Please correct me if I'm wrong and if I have anything worth anything please let me know IMG_20230925_181653.jpg IMG_20230925_181737.jpg IMG_20230925_183740.jpg IMG_20230925_183842.jpg Screenshot_2023-09-25-18-41-36-10_92460851df6f172a4592fca41cc2d2e6.jpg IMG_20230925_182138.jpg IMG_20230925_182311.jpg

That's a great stash of good stuff there. Not sure how much you can use yourself, but good parts to trade for stuff you do need perhaps. Anyway, nice going!;):thumbsup:

You have 2 sets of front shock mounts (lower). Those will go with either of the axles and bat wings. I have never seen the shackle arrangement with the 90 degree mounts. Looks like a good haul. The dropped tube axle looks very interesting. Is it straight after the drop? Some Dodge axles were bent in the horizontal plane inboard of where the picture stops.

You have 2 sets of front shock mounts (lower). Those will go with either of the axles and bat wings. I have never seen the shackle arrangement with the 90 degree mounts. Looks like a good haul. The dropped tube axle looks very interesting. Is it straight after the drop? Some Dodge axles were bent in the horizontal plane inboard of where the picture stops.

Yeah, it's straight.... I'll try to bring the quality down a bit so I can post the whole thing

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back