Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Headlamp brackets

tfeverfred

Hey RPM. Can you give me and estimate to make a set of headlamp brackets for me. Here's a sketch I made. I only want them to curve out about 4". Can you figure out what I want from this and give me a cost? Let me know if you need more info.

lampbracket0001.jpg

Fred,

Here are a pair of some headlight stands that I make occasionally for one of my customers. They also mount the upper end of a shock absorber. They are made to fully hide the wiring. There is a hole in the side of the headlight seat that matches the i.d. of the tubing. It is necessary to drill a hole in the side of the headlight stud to fish the wire through. On the frame end, a hole is drilled and the wire can be run to wherever it is convenient to go.

HeadlightStands003.jpg

I also make these without the shock mounts and also with the shock mount tube in place of the headlight receptacle for mounting shocks only.

Rethink

Maybe the tubing should be thicker. Like..... 5/8". I'd like the tube, so I can run my wires through it.Well, let me know.;)

GAB said:
Fred,

Here are a pair of some headlight stands that I make occasionally for one of my customers. They also mount the upper end of a shock absorber. They are made to fully hide the wiring. There is a hole in the side of the headlight seat that matches the i.d. of the tubing. It is necessary to drill a hole in the side of the headlight stud to fish the wire through. On the frame end, a hole is drilled and the wire can be run to wherever it is convenient to go.

HeadlightStands003.jpg

I also make these without the shock mounts and also with the shock mount tube in place of the headlight receptacle for mounting shocks only.

Those look cool, but I'm going for something simpler. Plus, those look weld on and my frame is already powder coated. I would want to be able to bolt them on. I have a Total P chassis and it already has the threaded holes for the brackets. If RPM can make what I drew, all I have to do is drill the mounting holes and the hole for the headlight to mount.

Just a friendly reminder - Ron is paying for the opportunity to advertise his products on the forum, so we're not going to be able to allow competitors to pile in here with their own products.

GAB, if you're interested in advertising your products on the forum, drop the Webmaster a Private Message and he can work out the details with you.

tfeverfred said:
Hey RPM. Can you give me and estimate to make a set of headlamp brackets for me. Here's a sketch I made. I only want them to curve out about 4". Can you figure out what I want from this and give me a cost? Let me know if you need more info.

lampbracket0001.jpg

Fred check your PM's

Sorry! I didn't realize that I was posting to a commercial portion of this website. I clicked on the post off of the Portal and I don't think that it shows what forum the post is part of.

Actually, my intention was just presenting another idea to Fred for a headlight stand. I was not offering them for sale. Sorry if it appeared that way. :eek:

I won't do it again!

Mike said:
Just a friendly reminder - Ron is paying for the opportunity to advertise his products on the forum, so we're not going to be able to allow competitors to pile in here with their own products.

GAB, if you're interested in advertising your products on the forum, drop the Webmaster a Private Message and he can work out the details with you.

While I understand your interest in protecting your advertisers Mike, it is going to be virtually impossible to keep competitors products from being mentioned in threads. We all post answers to members questions about "where do I find this or that" by naming sources we have used or know of.

GAB obviously wasn't trying to ace out anyone from getting a sale, I think he was just trying to show something he as made in the past for a few customers. His mount is very similar to the one Pete and Jake sells.

I'm not trying to fan any flames here, but there are going to be times when competitors products are shown and discussed, and we may even have negative comments to post about someone who has paid for advertising. But a forum has to maintain the ability for it's members to speak freely both pro and con, or it isn't worth belonging to.

As an example, I have been critical of the way one of our advertisers does some things on the T bucket kits they sell. It is just my opinion, but I would not be 100 percent honest if I didn't raise those concerns just because that vendor happened to be putting money in our pockets.

It would be like a hot rod magazine not allowing any mention of parts used on a feature car just because they didn't come from one of their paying advertisers..........that would just be wrong.

Don

Fred: just weld a piece of angle to the stands George showed and they will be bolt-ons. I've seen them , They're cool.

butch27 said:
Fred: just weld a piece of angle to the stands George showed and they will be bolt-ons. I've seen them , They're cool.

Yes, that would work, but I'm going for a nice, simplistic look. Similar to these:
32lampbrackets.jpg

My frame already has the mounting holes drilled and threaded. So, if RPM can work his magic with the new design I just PMed him, I can drill the frame bracket to fit my frame holes.

Besides, I want to get them from him for the same reason that I want a column support from Lowered. These are fellow bucket guys trying to make a a few bucks doing what they love to do. I just want to support them. I could easily make those '32 Ford brackets work, but Speedway wants $90 for them. RPM's brackets will have the soul and a little sweat of a fellow bucketeer.

There are little bits and pieces in my build from people who I consider friends and fellow Bucket owners. It makes those pieces special to me. Rick gave me my chrome friction shock brackets. To me, they are priceless. The same goes for the lights that Lumen is sending to me. They could never be replaced. They have meaning, soul. I hope everyone understands and I hope I don't sound corny, but this isn't just a project for me, it's a statement. It has meaning that goes beyond the sum of it's parts. If it should die where I'm at, I'd park it in my driveway and still love it to death.

Well you stop that ! Your going to make me cry :lol: You got it, it is the little things that make each and every bucket special - I like your attitude. Keep at it Fred - You da man :)

Duke said:
Well you stop that ! Your going to make me cry :lol: You got it, it is the little things that make each and every bucket special - I like your attitude. Keep at it Fred - You da man :)
LOL Thanks Duke. I'm just a big kid living his childhood dream. Just like you and everyone else. :lol: We're a breed all our own. The non-sheep.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back