Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Hello from Arizona

Mykk

I'm Mykk, I have been setting my pennies aside to start building my dream hot rod, a T. I'm hear to learn as much as possible. I've got the engine for the project about 90% complete (Thread on that coming soon). I have the car built in my head and now it's time to turn those ideas into reality.

Welcome from St Louis, Mykk. I, too, built my car in my head for years, so bringing it to completion was always a battle to resist taking shortcuts which would compromise the build I envisioned. Stick with it!
(And pictures when you can. :D)

Welcome from St Louis, Mykk. I, too, built my car in my head for years, so bringing it to completion was always a battle to resist taking shortcuts which would compromise the build I envisioned. Stick with it!
(And pictures when you can. :D)

I'm going to need to work on getting that post count up so I can make my engine build thread, with pics

I've got this dream, but first a back story. I grew up in Northern California, Marin & Sonoma county. As a kid I used to cruise to Bodega Bay, grab a bite, turn around and go home just to get away for a bit.

Fast forward a few years, I've moved a couple of times. One of those moves was to Los Angeles while chasing the dream. Los Angeles was a great & cruel experience. I loved being there, but it didn't love me.

Now living in Arizona where I've finished automotive tech vocational education, built a couple of different wild cars & trucks and seem to be settling down as I'm getting older. I have this plan to build a wild hot rod T. Drive, test & tune the wild hot rod. Then embark on a road trip I've always wanted to do. Prescott Arizona to Los Angeles, visit some of the old hang outs. Join the Hwy 1 in Santa Monica and cruise the 1 all the way north to San Francisco and beyond, Bodega Bay. Meanwhile hitting up the coastal towns along the way, visiting some old memories & making new ones.

I fully understand making that trek in a T would be a taxing venture, but for me it's a "Bucket" list thing (See what I did there).

Welcome from Wisconsin. How's the weather where you are at? My brother is headed to Phoenix next week.

I'm Mykk, I have been setting my pennies aside to start building my dream hot rod, a T. I'm hear to learn as much as possible. I've got the engine for the project about 90% complete (Thread on that coming soon). I have the car built in my head and now it's time to turn those ideas into reality.

Welcome from the USVI.

I'm also a newcomer to these parts, having just ordered a Spirit superkit last week.

If you're thinking about a roadtrip in a T, and stand much over 5 feet tall, you might want to seriously consider one of the extended T body options. . . . . and maybe one with doors . . .

BTW, What were you planning engine wise?

Darlene

...If you're thinking about a roadtrip in a T, and stand much over 5 feet tall, you might want to seriously consider one of the extended T body options. . . . . and maybe one with doors . . .

Thank you, I am indeed a big guy (6'1" 220lb) and the T size has been a concern. I've started ordering parts and will try an unchanneled '23 body, I intend to use cowl steering to get the column out of the foot area as well as a low mount bomber seats. Perhaps even removable steering wheel hub to aid in getting in & out. It falls under the category of "I'll cross that bridge when I get there"

BTW, What were you planning engine wise?

It's a late 90's BMW 4.4L V8, with early 90's BMW 4.0L heads and cams. It has a late 90's Jaguar Eaton M112 supercharger. and 2 stage nitrous. It will all get run through the native BMW getrag 420g 6spd manual trans.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back