Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Holley Street Avenger

LarryH

The 350 in my T-Bucket runs pretty good but i miss that old 327 with the gear drive whine and the lopey cam. It looks like a hot rod. It runs like a hot rod. It just doesn't sound like a hot rod. I'm gonna make it sound like a hot rod. Since i need an engine for my '56 Chevy i decided to pull the 350 and put it in the '56. I'll rebuild the 327 and put it back in the T-Bucket. Since i'm putting the complete 350 in the '56, i'll be needing a new carb for the T-Bucket. I've been looking at the Holley Street Avenger carbs (570 cfm or 670 cfm).

So for you guys that are running the Avenger carbs, how do you like them and how much tuning did you have to do, or do they run fairly good out of the box?

The engine will be .30 over, .194 valves, roller rockers, gear drive, HEI, a Comp Cams 268 cam, and a Edelbrock Performer intake. Tranny is a Powerglide with a shift kit. I'm not sure yet what the compression ration will be.

Sure it would be easier to put the 327 in the '56 but i've always liked 327's and i just like saying "It's a 327".

You might want to check out the Summit Racing line of carbs. Looks like they used the Edelbrock, one piece body design and loaded it with Holley stuff inside. Get the best of both worlds...a no leak body and the tried and true Holley workings. I do have one. Engine runs good on the test stand. I have no experience yet with it other then that. Anyone else use the Summit carb?

Running a 670 street avenger on a 383 stroker and runs really well but bought it used and rebuilt it.Easy to adjust carb.

Alot of my friends say its a good carb, me,myself....I don't ever work on anything that small usually, unless its in pairs or threes..

The design looks good and what Putz saz carrys alot of weight with me. If someone can rebuild and adjust it out....must be pretty good....

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back