Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

How I post pics or copy the dummie.

tfeverfred

Okay, first you need to open a Photobucket account. Don't panic... it's free. Now, keep in mind that if you load a pic in Photo bucket and delete it later, the pic will disappear from every place you post it! Don't ask me how, they just go away to the corn field.

Now, in Photobucket, you will need to set the size of the pics, so that they post in a viewer friendly size. look in the section of Photobucket where you load the pics. You will see that there is an "options" prompt. Click on that and select: Web page size 640 X 480. Now, all your pics will post the same size everytime you post them.

Now, your pics need to be a JPG file. most pics are. If there is a way to change them, I don't know what it is.

Store the pics you save in your "My Pictures" section of your computer. Then, when you click "browse", go to your pictures section and select your pic. It's informatin will pop into it's own section. then click "Upload".

When it finishes uploading, it will appear in your account section. (Here's where it gets hard to explain, but I'll try. Below each pic, there are 4 spaces that show the properties of your pic. The last one is the pics "IMG" code. place your cursor on the writing and LEFT click. It should highlight blue. Then, RIGHT click and you will have a selection of things to do. Select, COPY. Now the pic is stored and ready to post.

Go to our forum (or any other) and RIGHT click where you want to place the pic. I usually press ENTER after I write something, so the picture willl have a little space. The IMG code should pop in where the cursor was. That's it. When you press SUBMIT or PREVIEW, the pic will post! Use PREVIEW to store or keep what you have done and to see if your pic is going to post.

If you want to post more than one pic, just repeat the step, BUT YOU MUST "PREVIEW" THE POST BEFORE GOING BACK TO PHOTOSHOP! Then, COPY another pic like before and go back to your previewed thread and PASTE the pic.

So, that's how I do it. It seems like a lot to do, but once you do it for a while and play with it a little, it gets easy to do. I know there is an easier way to do it, nut this works for me, so I'm happy. I hope you will be too.:lol:

DISCLAIMER: Tfeverfred will NOT be held accountable for smashed computers or the use of foul language, if you get frustrated and seek relief of anger at your computers expense!

tfeverfred said:
Now, your pics need to be a JPG file. most pics are. If there is a way to change them, I don't know what it is.

if you have a pc with a "windows" operating system:

find the picture on your hard drive
right click on it with your mouse
scroll down to the "open with" option
find "paint" in the list (might require clicking on the choose program option)
click on paint
the picture will pop up in the paint program
click file -> save as
resave it as a jpg (options are just below the file name box)

sounds like a list of stuff to do, i know, but its really pretty simple

and if you get emailed a pic and are saving it to your hard drive, you can check that the image is jpg form as you save it by looking at that same box just below the file name

Thanks Lowroller! I'll try that next time I need to.

Mike said:
This short tutorial was posted waaaaay back in October 2006, but the information still works well today.

Mike, I'm sure it does, but I gotta do what works for me. I'm one of those people waiting for computers to get like the ones on Star Trek (original series, of course) where all I have to do is talk to it, to get it to do what I want.:eek::lol:

Mike said:
This short tutorial was posted waaaaay back in October 2006, but the information still works well today.

That works great. I started an album yesterday. :rulz:

picture test

Mor drop 3-1/2" axel
27rat001Small.jpg
dash '35 banjo-SW gauges
27rat003Small.jpg

Hey how about that! Tried Mikes way, bust. Tried Freds way, sucess.

Ron

Youngster said:
Hey how about that! Tried Mikes way, bust. Tried Freds way, sucess.

Ron

Us dummies got to stick together!:rulz:

I'm sure if I sat down and worked at it, Mikes way would be better, but like I said, I did it this way and found it easy for me.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back