Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

I'm jus' sayin'

Mike

With a little over 16 hours left before the server bill arrives -

53112.jpg

The wannabes are doubtless going to cluck their tongues, point their fingers and remind everyone how they are the "best", but it won't be the first time. And I've little doubt it won't be the last. But it is what it is.

done my best Mike:cool:

Three cheers for Jerry and Ron!!!

Jim

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

As of midnight, last night, our monthly donations came in $85 short of the quota. Two of the forum sponsors stepped up to cover a $70 deficit last month. It seems the handwriting is on the wall.

Believe me, I know times are tough. I've not had a paycheck in 6 months. I am a white European male, I am not pregnant and I have no minor children living in my home, so there are no government hand-outs for me. Why should a man who often worked two jobs over the last 39 years deserve any assistance, when there are crack-addicted, illegal alien, baby-makers who need help? I have the summons for the initial foreclosure hearing laying on my desk, right alongside this $279 server bill. So I know how skinny things can get. So skinny that I cannot go into my own pocket to keep things afloat around here. Because my pockets have run dry, trying to pay for frivolous things like electricity, natural gas, telephone service and insurance. I know, I know, why should you be forced to risk losing this site, just so I can turn on a light, right?

My sincere apologies, but when I'm facing the very real possibility of being homeless, trying to find a way to keep a discussion forum afloat is a non-issue for me. Seeing this site grow as it has and forging friendships with so many of you has really been enjoyable. But it's been years since I was able to afford to offer this forum out of my own pocket. Being unemployed certainly isn't making things any easier. And it's pretty clear Obamanomics have caught up with all of you, as well. When we can't afford to pay our own living expenses, how can we afford to keep a Web site alive? I get it, I really do. I'll work my way back through the donation logs from this last month and will get refunds issued to everyone who was generous enough to help.

I don't know how much grace time the host is going to give me, so I will take this opportunity to wish blue skies and safe roads to all of you.

Mike I want to thank-you for the site that you've put together.I also want to thank Ron(RPM) for the money that he donated again this month for the site. I appreciate all the help I have received from him as well as other because of this site. I am a new member and have donated the last 3 months to show my appreciation and I will keep donating to help with cost to the site as it is a win win for me. Just think if everyone could pitch in $5.00 a month by the 10th of every month Mike would not have to worry about funding a site we all use. Mike would be able to attend to other things that are important as well to him. Mike just wanting to tell you I appreciate your dedication to this site and all you have done. Lets all show Mike some support with out him having to ask. Dino Glendale, AZ !

Sorry to hear this Mike. Just thought I would post to get it back to the top and maybe see some more positive responses
Gerry

It really sucks that you are in the position you are in Mike, especially when a guy is getting older and expecting things to be better with age not worse.Have you given any thought to selling the site to someone else to help with your personal life?

Come on y'all! I don't think it would be a problem for all members to give $5.00.
What Dino said.

I
Come on y'all! I don't think it would be a problem for all members to give $5.00.
What Dino said.

I agree. I give every few months but it is already more than I give to any other forum. For how many members we have it really should only be a couple dollars a month.

This is a subject that was covered last fall. I can't find the thread but many of the same things and ideas were discussed. Things are tough for everyone. This economy sucks as we all know and has taken its toll on many business, families and hobbies. I was out of work for a year myself. But in that year I did what I had to, to get my bucket started. I'm thankful for the time that I had to work on it as it would have made the challenge harder working a full time job.
I feel that Mike made himself very clear in the last thread on where he stood and the ultimatum was made then. Ron didn't just step up to the plate last month but the month before that as did Jerry. Is anyone aware that sponsors have to rent space to advertise on this site? Why do we allow the sponsors to pick up the slack? I feel that Ron and Jerry go above and beyond by answering everyone's questions alone. Ron and Jerry spend a large amount of time on this site just waiting and wanting to help someone with a problem no matter how small or how large that problem may be. I don't think that is a requirement of a sponsor, that is a sign of two guys that know what they are doing and the type of service they offer and provide.
I can't say that I blame Mike for his decision. Lights, food or this site? It looks like a no brainer to me. I have valued the information and the vast amount of knowledge I received here. Look at the number of registered members. The number is 2,964. If each member kicked in a single buck once a year, the servers rent would come up short what $276.00? It's my suggestion that the site be members site and each member pays one dollar a month for a total of twelve dollars a year. If that were to happen, the site would generate $35,568 a year. This site could grow, Mike would be compensated for his time and reimbursed for his legal fees pertaining to this site. The hard part would be figuring out just how many members are active. I'm sure once things got rolling Mike could adjust the monthly fee to be more inline with what would be needed to keep the site out of the red. Would there be anything wrong with Mike making a buck or even a living to run this site?
The end is near unless something is done. I myself would like to see the site flourish and continue on. I can't see the sites sponsors picking up the slack forever. I don't think Ron and Jerry are as big as Ford or General Motors and can't keep pitching in forever. I also think as I said before, that this site could cost less then a yearly magazine subscription for each member.

I agree with you Jimbo. It is a win win for me to be part of this web site, From the help i get to just the entertainment that get from what people are working on. 12.00 dollars ant nothing and if its more I'm in.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back