Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Is Anyone Using LED Headlights ??

I do quite a bit of driving in the T at night & I'm not too impressed with my headlights so I'm thinking of converting my halogens to led.. Has anyone done this & if so are you happy with the results.. Can anyone recommend a good brand ?

I've been thinking of it but haven't done the homework on them yet. I had a huge issue with the bulbs that came with my new headlights. I could barely see 5' in front of the car and they were super yellow and very dingy. I installed a set of Sylvania bright white bulbs that light up the night. So after that I kinda let the LED bulbs go for now.
These made a HUGE difference.
2019-03-27 19.12.25.jpg

I do quite a bit of driving in the T at night & I'm not too impressed with my headlights so I'm thinking of converting my halogens to led.. Has anyone done this & if so are you happy with the results.. Can anyone recommend a good brand ?
You might want to check the voltage AT THE LIGHT , make sure you have enough juice , there's a huge difference between 12v-14.3v..

I've been thinking of it but haven't done the homework on them yet. I had a huge issue with the bulbs that came with my new headlights. I could barely see 5' in front of the car and they were super yellow and very dingy. I installed a set of Sylvania bright white bulbs that light up the night. So after that I kinda let the LED bulbs go for now.
These made a HUGE difference.
View attachment 16306
I tried them in my wife's car and they didn't last very long. Hopefully you will have better luck with them.

After more research tonight it would appear it's not a good idea to use led with reflector style headlights as it can cause blinding to oncoming traffic & they would not be as bright as halogen.. Led is better used in projector headlights.. For starters I decided to try these out.. They should be here Friday...

It won't let me post a link to them, I'll post a pic when they arrive...They are the PIAA Extreme White Plus..

After more research tonight it would appear it's not a good idea to use led with reflector style headlights as it can cause blinding to oncoming traffic & they would not be as bright as halogen.. Led is better used in projector headlights.. For starters I decided to try these out.. They should be here Friday...

It won't let me post a link to them, I'll post a pic when they arrive...They are the PIAA Extreme White Plus..

Cool! Be interested in hearing what you think about them.

I will post photos of my new led lights...…..

Speedway Part # 91061001

Does anyone have a suggestion on how to mount these headlight brackets from Speedway that have not mounting holes?

Strange. When I bought mine from Speedway several years ago, they were ready to bolt on. Maybe even less bucks.

Look here I found the lights after I installed them......Brights lights on my fence at about 65 feet...20181212_165001.jpg 20181212_165001.jpg

Attachments

• 20181212_172146.jpg
    20181212_172146.jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 19
Look here I found the lights after I installed them......Brights lights on my fence at about 65 feet...
Do they fit a seam beam housing? Part number?

Yes Indy they went right into my Headlight buckets...…..I got them on eBay, look for Jeep 7 inch headlights..try them you will like them...…….

Yes Indy they went right into my Headlight buckets...…..I got them on eBay, look for Jeep 7 inch headlights..try them you will like them...…….

We don't have any JEEPNEYS in the T-Bucketeers!!
History-of-the-jeepney-PLACEMNT-626x382.jpg

I used the United Pacific 31379 7" Crystal Headlight.. Looks great... Available all over the internet but I bought mine at The Daytona Turkey Rod Run..

Will do, thanks !

Is the front lens glass or plastic?

Plastic me thinks...….

I suspected that since the back side is plastic. I guess it's going to have the same problem
as all modern cars today with oxidation, might need to apply a clear coat for protection.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back