Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Jr. Dragsters

Swampdog

Mr. Pope, did you race Jr Dragsters back East in the late 90's early 2000's. The name sounds familiar.

D L Ellyson

No that was not me. That was Ron Maine aka Pool Man. Here is his web site. http://www.jrdragsterplus.com/
Were you on the old Jr Dragster board that Gina had?

Yes I was. Swampdog from Louisiana. We raced the outlaw races back east some (with my grandsons). We were at Indy in 98 and 99 I believe. We went to Bristol 2004 I think. I built the Jr Dragsters from scratch, . straight tubing and aluminum bodies.

Through a swimming pool? Sounds as if there is a story lurking in there, somewhere. :coffee:

Oh it was very funny. A guy starts his kids Jr Dragster up. No one in cockpit and it is on its back wheels. Hits the motor with the hand held electric starter and it fires and and the throttle is stuck open. It revs up engages the clutch and takes off across his yard and right through the side of his big above ground pool. That was near 15-20 years ago. Still funny today.

Check out the link to that web site and it says Pool Man on it.

Yes I was. Swampdog from Louisiana. We raced the outlaw races back east some (with my grandsons). We were at Indy in 98 and 99 I believe. We went to Bristol 2004 I think. I built the Jr Dragsters from scratch, . straight tubing and aluminum bodies.

I still talk with both Gina and Ron on Facebook. Jamie Vernon is on there also.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back