Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

KOOKIE frame rake

001.jpg
Bobby Nunes' Leg Show T link to pic site. Is this what you where looking for?

Ok, I get it, sorry about that. You can see I have a little to learn about some of the historic T Buckets out there. Thanks for the photo, very impressed that car is really wild to say the least!

Mike

0905rc_08_z+dave_shutens_ice_truck+rear_passenger_side.jpg
0905rc_01_z+dave_shutens_ice_truck+front_driver_side.jpg
0905rc_17_z+dave_shutens_ice_truck+steering_wheel.jpg

Here is another classic Dave Shutens Ice truck

ok so where does one find tires like those on the c-cab, i want some, not that i can afford some but i want some. would look good with a rake like your talking about, IMO
Chaz

Well Mike
the pictures with the girl could not be printed because all one could see from the
front was her panties.
She was a great looking red head and no...I did not !
I could say wish I did BUT!
Chaz,
As for the tires you would have to go back to the lats 60's
and early 70's and then find some Indy test tires.
Dan Woods and I are old friends and worked on each others cars
,along with many other Early Times members
Dan Eichstedt

Mike,
the seminal article on Grabowski's T is in The Rodders Journal #36. Von Franco made exact clones of both versions.

the first version had a model T spring mounted above the banjo rear with 16" wheels. the second version got 15" wheels (effectively lowreing the front end) and got a model A spring mounted behind the banjo rear with a 6" spacer.

the frame was a model A frame that was shortened front and rear. it was so ugly that he had valley custom make covers for the frame rails. in both the article and the video there is a nod at a slight kick up in the crossmember that was a natural result of the frame mods (not a Z, just a slight raising of the crossmember. there is a bare frame shot of the car in the MFS video).

the axle is a 37 ford v8-60 with the spring mounted behind the axle on special brackets with a 4 bar set up made out of 40 ford tie rods.

put ivo's t next to grabowski's 1st version and you can see just how closely tommy patterned his to norm's.

The special brackets for the front spring are no more than the end of the wishbone cut and ground. A very popular front axle/spring treatment back then.

Ron

The special brackets for the front spring are no more than the end of the wishbone cut and ground. A very popular front axle/spring treatment back then.

Ron

to be more precise, it was the ends of a set of '40-ish wishbones with the long ends lopped off then turned around so that the stock spring perch was behind the axle instead of in front of it. only possible in this case because the 4-bar mount was moved inboard of the stock radius rod mounting points on the axle.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back