Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Neddo's Bucket

Neddo

Hello Bucket people.
I think I have this picture thing sorted. Thank you moderators.
Please let me know if I have done it wrong.

Well this is where I am at with my build.
There are some things some of you may think are abit odd but there is a reason for most of it.
IMG_3870.JPGIMG_3871.JPG IMG_3873.JPG IMG_3875.JPG

The chassis is 4 x 2 x 1/8 up to the engine mounts then it tapers on the bottom to 3”
The K member faces forward for a couple of reasons. Torsionally it’s borderline with the K facing backwards with no crossmember under the engine. Secondly facing forward it’s given me space for all my brake junk.
The double K is a requirement of our build rules.
The rear housing is centred to the chassis with the pinion 15/16 to the right. Horizontally the trans and pinion is 0 offset. It’s gives me 3 degrees on the shaft which is good.
The unequal four bars….top bar if full length would have clashed with floor. At full travel pinion angle changes less than 1/2 a degree with the short top bar.
The side steer is a Unisteer rack normally used for side steer. The drag link length from unisteer knuckle to the steering arm ball joint is exactly the same length as the four bars and parallel horizontally to the four bars so it all swings in a similar arc. With a dial gauge on the axle with the pin on the end of the drag link I got .005” through the suspension travel so fingers crossed bump steer won’t be an issue…..hopefully.

Have you thought about an exhaust system for that big Holden? I think a set of zoomies would sound awesome!

6 with zoomz.jpg

Last edited:
Looks cool. I’m surprised at how far back the drive train seems to be based on the space in front. Hopefully you have room for the tub.

Spanky I’m not sure what to say…zoomies I totally agree, cool but the Holden reference. I’m not sure if that’s a typo or deliberate. No Holden’s in my shed.

fletcherson, I don’t like things all jammed in tight just missing each other. Once I drop the radiator and fan in I have about an 1” gap at the front of the cowl to the crossmember.
These Chrysler’s are a long six. The normal auto trans behind them was the Borg Warner 35 which are a long trans. This is why I have a short tail powerglide…..ran out of room plus it’s something a bit different.
Hemi 6’s we’re mostly BW35 with the 727 torqueflyte in some of the police cars. These 727 blocks are very rare.
Maybe if anyone is interested I could do a spiel about the semi hemi 6

Spanky I’m not sure what to say…zoomies I totally agree, cool but the Holden reference. I’m not sure if that’s a typo or deliberate. No Holden’s in my shed.

OOPS! :sick: My bad. I made an assumption after seeing the pics, and missed the "hemi" reference. Cool motor, and looking forward to your video, "1st fire-up!"

I was wondering what that was... Intake and exhaust on the wrong side to be ford. The distributor is in the wrong place to be a chevy.

Ive heard of the Chrysler Hemi 6 but never seen one.

Hi Yeti
Once I’m back from s few days away I will post some more detailed engine pictures in my Kangaroo 6 thread.
The six made my steering easy !…I have been enjoying your build process and the steering box fun your having.

Hi Yeti
Once I’m back from s few days away I will post some more detailed engine pictures in my Kangaroo 6 thread.
The six made my steering easy !…I have been enjoying your build process and the steering box fun your having.

Im really starting to envy the simplicity of the steering on an inliner! These V8 buckets run out of room fast.

I originally was starting my build with a boosted 4 cylinder which would have made life much simpler but I got greedy and wanted more HP..

Definately interested in seeing more of the hemi 6. I did some brief reading on it and seems it never existed in the US and was an Aus only option as the slant 6 replacement. Seems you got quite a few interesting powertrains over there that wouldnt pass our emissions standards here.

A major milestone has been achieved.
My chassis has been approved and issued with a VIN number from the dept of transport.
Technically in AUS my chassis is classified as a replica Ford T and dimensionally should be the same wheelbase as a T. I’m at 108” so it could have been rejected.

Well done Neddo, achievement indeed, you obviously got things right for them to pass it first time, good to see..

An inline hemi 6 cylinder. You've got my interest mate. I thirst for more.....looks like the body & the cowl have both been lengthened. WOW !!

Congrats are in order, I tips me cup to you !

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back