Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the T-Bucket Forums discussions? Then sign up for a free forum account, today!

Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters                Spirit Industries                Southern Legacy Freight!               

Dismiss Notice
Thank you for visiting the T-Bucket Forums! This site was created in 2006, to provide enthusiasts with a place to discuss T-Buckets. Over the years, there have been many imitators, but this is the T-Bucket resource you have been looking to find. We encourage you to register a FREE account and join in on the discussions.

Never deal with Spirit cars.

Discussion in 'Spirit Cars' started by Slayer, Apr 4, 2018.

1. Slayer

Slayer
    Expand Collapse

They have very poor communications, even worse customer service, and outright lie to you.
    Josh never answers questions, and when he does reply (in part) to an email his attitude is one of "I don't have time to deal with you so go away", and he gives 1 answer to the 3 questions asked. When I email him again with the same question (which he didn't answer) he gets darn right rude and doesn't answer.

I'm sorry I ever placed an order with them.
    My body was ready to ship almost a week ago, I should have it now, but it is still sitting at Spirit.

I've told them to cancel the order. Let's see what happens.

2. tdkkart

tdkkart
    Expand Collapse

A week??

3. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Expand Collapse

Receiving Clerk
    Have you tried to phone them?

4. mountainman

mountainman
    Expand Collapse

???
    No. "ALMOST a week". So, assuming 5 days is almost a week and during that 5 days, there was a holiday weekend of 2-3 days, it looks like he should have paid for overnight shipping to fit his fantasy expectations. He needs to take a deep breath and relax. It will be worth the wait.

5. Spanky

Spanky
    Expand Collapse

Slayer . . . sorry you have had a bad experience with them. I have found them helpful and reasonable in my dealings, but nobody is perfect. Any chance you would give them another opportunity to get it right?

6. 2old2fast

2old2fast
    Expand Collapse

sorta retired
    Bet spirit will be better off not dealing w/folks w/unrealistic [instant gratification] expectations......just go buy a new car

JTakaSweetT likes this.
  7. butch27

butch27
    Expand Collapse
    Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Retired
    They have a pretty good reputation around here,

8. hulkamania

hulkamania
    Expand Collapse
    Sponsor
    Forum Sponsor

Sales Manager
    He sent an email to us and then did this post. Never tried to resolve anything.

Tches1952 likes this.
  9. Pushrod

Pushrod
    Expand Collapse
    Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

retired
    I talked with Josh at Spirit this morning about the status of my chassis kit, you couldn't find a better guy to deal with. Customers have to realize Spirit isn't General Motors, things get busy this time of year and they build on a much smaller scale. It's not mass production, be patient, it will be worth the wait.:thumbsup:

hulkamania likes this.
  10. hulkamania

hulkamania
    Expand Collapse
    Sponsor
    Forum Sponsor

Sales Manager
    Here is my response to this post. I will post all of the questions from the customers email and my answers from the emails on this post so people can see I answered all questions. I didn't think I was rude at all. Also it is hard to read a text or email to know if someone is being rude. How can someone determine tone of voice through an email unless you use caps, bold or underline and you will see examples of that but not from my answers. Also on shipping (I will post proof of my response on shipping and proof that it was scheduled for Monday Pickup) that I told him Friday or Monday. Friday was a holiday and the trucking companies were not running. The body was ready to ship Monday but they didn't pick it up. We live in a rural area and that trucking company is only in the area Monday, Wednesday and Fridays. He didn't have enough room on Wednesday to pickup up the body along with all of the other shipments we had going out. The body is crated and on the loading dock. I have no control over trucking companies. Also customer ordered 3-19-2018 and body was invoiced 3-30-18 and crated late that day. Refunded money at 9:29 am 4-5-2018 and waived the restocking fee that is normally charged.

Tches1952 likes this.
  11. hulkamania

hulkamania
    Expand Collapse
    Sponsor
    Forum Sponsor

Sales Manager
    Email Number one

Sent: Thursday, March 23, 2017 2:52 AMTo:spirit@spiritcars.com
    Subject: Questions about frame

Hi. I'm in the planning stages of a T Bucket build. I'm trying to choose a frame and body and looking very closely at your products. I have a few questions about your frame.

1) What is the height of the kick, from bottom of bottom rail to top of top rail?

2) What is the angle of the kick?

3) How long is the top of the kick, to the rear of the frame?

4) Distance from front of frame to the start of the kick?

5) Can you do a frame with NO brackets? No engine mounts, no suspension mounts, just a bare frame. At what cost?

6) I believe the overall length is 108", roughly what wheelbase does this give?

7) I'll probably be using your extended bucket. Will this frame be OK for a big block engine with the extended body? I'm not sure what engine I'm going to use so I want the option to go big. (I just saw you add a few inches for big blocks. Would that make the frame too long with a small block?)

Thanks

Ed

Here is my response sent Friday 3-24-2017 at 2:30pm

1. 10”
    2. 60 degrees

3. 10 ¾”

4. 91 ¼” for standard and extended is 95 ¼”

5. Yes we can do a perimeter frame and it is $350

6. 104”

7. If you using the extended body you want to use the extended tbucket frame. Yes the frame will handle big block and we will add 2 inches to the frame. No it won’t make it too long for a small block you would just have more room in the front in case you decide not to use a big block

12. hulkamania

hulkamania
    Expand Collapse
    Sponsor
    Forum Sponsor

Sales Manager
    Email number 2

Sent: Monday, December 18, 2017 11:56 AM
    To:spirit@spiritcars.com
    Subject: Shipping costs

Hi. Can you give me shipping cost for...

1) '23 T bucket extended with floor - $750

2) Perimeter frame or with engine / trans mounts - SBC/TH350 (shipping should be the same)

To. .. Apache Junction, AZ, 85120. Residence, but I MIGHT be able to pick up from depot.

I will need to purchase these separately when funds are available, frame first, then a month or two later the body.

Thanks

Ed

My response

Sent: Monday, December 18, 2017 11:04 AM
    To: left out to protect customer
    Subject: RE: Shipping costs

Shipping to business is $174. You are almost 1300 miles from us.

13. hulkamania

hulkamania
    Expand Collapse
    Sponsor
    Forum Sponsor

Sales Manager
    Email number 3

Sent: Monday, December 18, 2017 1:14 PM To: Spirit Cars Subject: Re: Shipping costs

That doesn't really answer the question. $174 for WHAT? the frame or the body or both? To a business... I'm not a business, I did specify a residential address, or PERHAPS the depot. I'm assuming $174 is for just the frame to the depot, wherever that is.

So, what would the shipping on the body be?

I almost made the purchase yesterday and AFTER entering all my details, including address .. the shipping was stated as $28.

Another question, what lead time do you need for the frame? Extended bucket, bare frame or with just engine/trans mounts.

Same question for the body. Extended with floor. $750. No doors, no pick-up bed ...yet.

Thanks.

Ed

my response sent Monday 12-18-2017 at 1:37pm

I was going by the email saying you would order the frame first and then the body as funds area available. You also said you could pickup at the truck terminal. Shipping of the frame is $174 and that is to a business address or pickup at the nearest truck terminal. We are roughly 2 weeks out on the frame. Yes the website had $28 because it doesn’t figure truck freight. Body we are about 1-2 weeks out too.

Shipping to the truck terminal for both frame and body is $326.56

Shipping body alone is $163

14. hulkamania

hulkamania
    Expand Collapse
    Sponsor
    Forum Sponsor

Sales Manager
    email 4

Sent: Monday, December 18, 2017 2:11 PM To: Spirit Cars Subject: Re: Shipping costs

Thanks, but I did ask for shipping costs for both items and I MIGHT be able to pick up from depot. I would prefer shipping direct to me. I'm trying to work out a plan and I need details. There are options and which way I go depends on the info I need to get from you. I now have that so, thanks.

It seems that shipping them separately is only $10 more so that is now the plan. If shipping both together was MUCH cheaper I'd wait and do that.

As for being 1300 miles away... welcome to the modern world where no stores keep stock and EVERYTHING has to ordered online, and... you are 1 of only 3 companies I am aware of that does these items.

Now, since I'll need to rent a Uhaul to pick these up, can you tell me what company you use and where the depot in AZ is? (OR the cost shipped to my address in Apache Junction which I asked for in the first place)

Again I'm assuming you'll need full payment before you start to build the frame. If I remember correctly (I'll have to back and check) you quoted $350 for a perimeter frame, + $174 shipping = $524 due at time of order. Correct me if that is not the case.

Ed

My Response sent 12-18-2017 at 2:50pm

Shipping to your home address is $274 for the frame. Below is where the frame would go if you choose to pickup at truck terminal. Yes we ask for full payment on the frame. Yes the frame is $350 and if you get it to the truck terminal it is $174 for the total of $524 and if you want the frame shipped to your home add $100 to that total of $624.. If you want the motor and transmission welded in add $90 and that includes the motor and transmission mount as well.

Central transport
    2205 S 43RD AVE
    PHOENIX, AZ 85009

15. hulkamania

hulkamania
    Expand Collapse
    Sponsor
    Forum Sponsor

Sales Manager
    email number 5

Sent: Monday, March 19, 2018 9:10 AMTo: Spirit CarsSubject: Re: Shipping costs (Ordering today)

I'm going to place an order for a body today, I just have a few questions.
    Re: 1923 T extended body with floor (SP2312FX) $750

After looking at the pictures on your website it looks like the floor does not go all the way from side to side. It looks like it's just the center section frame rail to frame rail.

Is this correct, or ... does the floor go completely from side to side?

I believe this has a 3" channel, so the floor would sit on the frame, and the body will extend 3" to cover the frame. The bottom edge of the body is level with the bottom of the frame. Correct?

Is there a Transmission hump?

Is it possible to get this body without a floor? At what price?

What is the lead time for this body (with or without floor)?

You quoted shipping to the depot at $163. I understand this may not be current so can you confirm shipping to the depot in Phoenix, AZ.....

Central transport
    2205 S 43RD AVE
    PHOENIX, AZ 85009

Or wherever you use currently.
    Lastly, I believe you do provide an MSO, but not until the car is ready for registration. Correct?
    This build is likely to take 2 years. What do I need, and how do I go about obtaining an MSO at that time?
    I'll call to place order when I have this information. Thanks

Ed

Feel free to call if you need additional info or if it's more convenient. (I left phone number off)

My response Monday 3-19-2018 at 12:54pm and I emailed 4 pictures also

Floor is channeled and the floor goes all the way from side to side except for the front. Transmission tunnel is built in. Shipping to truck terminal is $187. Yes the floor of the body sit on the frame and then the body hangs down to cover frame. Yes we can offer a body without a floor for $500 for the extended body. Only way to get a title is with body and frame. Can’t offer just a MSO or even a title for just the body.

16. hulkamania

hulkamania
    Expand Collapse
    Sponsor
    Forum Sponsor

Sales Manager
    Sent: Tuesday, March 20, 2018 10:58 AM To: Spirit Cars Subject: Re: Sales Order 3045 from Spirit Cars

Josh, did you find out if you have a body "ready to go" or if you need to make one?

Thanks

Ed

My response 3-20-18 at 1:19pm

We have to build it. It was a standard body

17. hulkamania

hulkamania
    Expand Collapse
    Sponsor
    Forum Sponsor

Sales Manager
    Sent: Thursday, March 29, 2018 11:30 AMTo: Spirit CarsSubject: Re: Sales Order 3045 from Spirit Cars

Josh, any word on this? How far away? Days, weeks, months?
    Ed.

My response sent 3-29-2018 at 11:47am

Shipping tomorrow or Monday

18. hulkamania

hulkamania
    Expand Collapse
    Sponsor
    Forum Sponsor

Sales Manager
    Sent: Wednesday, April 04, 2018 3:55 PM To: Spirit Cars Subject: Re: Sales Order 3045 from Spirit Cars

Has this shipped?
    Do you have a tracking number, or Bill of Lading number, or any number that will allow me to find out if it has arrived yet?
    Ed.

my response sent 4-4-2018 at 3:59pm

Yes this has shipped. I will get your tracking number

19. hulkamania

hulkamania
    Expand Collapse
    Sponsor
    Forum Sponsor

Sales Manager
    Sent: Wednesday, April 04, 2018 6:42 PM To: Spirit Cars Subject: Re: Sales Order 3045 from Spirit Cars

Due to your very poor communications and lack of customer service this is the last thing I ever buy from you. You just lost thousands of dollars in sales.

I'll get my frame elsewhere and everything else from Speedway.

My response 4-4-2018 at 6:50pm

Body hasn’t been picked up yet as I just went back there and the pallet is still back there. Sorry you feel that way. i was going to email you a tracking once it shipped. you emailed and emailed asking questions before you bought and I answered all emails. Again I am sorry you feel that way.

20. hulkamania

hulkamania
    Expand Collapse
    Sponsor
    Forum Sponsor

Sales Manager
    Here is all the email communication I have had with the customer and he only called and talked to me once when he placed the order to give me his credit card number and I have never heard from him before that or after that on the phone.

Advertise with Us! Advertise with Us! Advertise with Us! White Rose Technology Ting Mobile Buy VPN

SSL Certificate