Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

New Build

jimbo01

This is my build thus far. I've told a few of you that I've asked for help that I would post some pictures once I figured out to get the darn things loaded. The build has gone well so far except for tonight's snafu. I'm working through the problems and hope to have the engine and transmission in this Friday. Thank you all for being a part of this site and making this possible for a regular guy like myself in making something like this happen. The information and knowledge here is priceless. This is Youngster's frame plan in action as well many parts from RPM. Many thanks to both of them for answering so many of my questions. I'll post more as I go if nobody minds?

100_4654.jpg
100_4536.jpg
100_4657.jpg
100_4548.jpg

Looks like fun does the frame go to the rear of the bed? This is what supports the fuel tank and protects it if god forbid a rearend bump.

That is a great start! Please keep posting updates! RPM has made a build like this even easier by offering all the brackets for those who are looking at thier own build.

One suggestion I would make is to put the chassis together with heathy tacks first. After your clearences are checked, then do your final welds.

After looking at the pics, Check the body to hairpin clearence before moving the location of the axle hairpin bracket. I'm thinking the placement you had before will work OK. I would however move the shock mount so the shock is at a 60 degree angle.

The plans where also developed for a 14" pick-up bed. If a 20" bed is used, a stub can be added to the back of the frame to support the gas tank if you wish to. As for getting a rear end "bump", even with a 20" bed, the rear tires will protrude past the box.

Ron

I haven't posted any pictures in awhile, so I thought I'd post a current picture. I'm going to run to the junk yard to get some tires and wheels this weekend so I can get this into a roller. The next step planned is getting the stering gear set.

100_4843.jpg

Looking good, keep up the good work.

Jim

What have you got planed for steering?

thank you for posting these photo's. I am also using the same frame plans and RPM bracket kit when I can get around to ordering it. please keep updating! what rear end are you running?

Brian,
The rear end is out of a 99 Z series s-10. It's a little wider then a standard s-10, 3:73 ratio and came with limited slip and disk brakes. I hope this answers your question and if I can answer more just let me know. Ron makes great parts as can be seen in the pictures and can answer several questions as well. Pretty smart cookie.

It's been awhile since I've posted pictures of my progress. I thought I posted other pictures but they don't seem to be showing up on this thread so I'll post again. They may seem out of order but here goes.

100_4705_zps70f8362d.jpg

100_4707_zps8e33a6cf.jpg

100_4796_zpsf05b2d4f.jpg

100_4793_zpsb1025dc3.jpg

100_4763.jpg

100_4762.jpg

100_5010_zps1a04fe3a.jpg

100_5011_zps7263d654.jpg

100_5009_zps49c41fc2.jpg

100_5008_zps42b3e009.jpg

100_5006_zps2dc98f9e.jpg

I might have missed something. Whose body is that and what is that foam seat out of? Looks like it might work nicely.

I noticed you have two different dashes in it . The first pics look like mine on my body from rpm, but the later pic shows a much nicer look. What did you do? I'm just starting my build also.

Mike J

I might have missed something. Whose body is that and what is that foam seat out of? Looks like it might work nicely.

The body came out of MN. from someone on Ebay. The guy that made this used to make bodies for MAS. If you would like to know who it was I can look it up for you. The seat came out of a Dodge mini van. I cut the frame down and welded it back together. The foam will need to get cut down when the time comes.

I noticed you have two different dashes in it . The first pics look like mine on my body from rpm, but the later pic shows a much nicer look. What did you do? I'm just starting my build also.

Mike J

The flat dash is how it came out of the mold. I bought the other from CCR as can be seen at the top of the page with the site sponcers. I had to modify it very little to get it to work on my body. Pretty easy to do.

The flat dash is how it came out of the mold. I bought the other from CCR as can be seen at the top of the page with the site sponcers. I had to modify it very little to get it to work on my body. Pretty easy to do.
What's the width of the dash from CCR?

Mike,
The dash measures 35 inches across on the back outside to outside and 6 inches high in the center outside to outside. If you look at the CCR link and picture of the dash, you'll see the side tabs that I removed. This measurement is without the tabs. Give Jerry & Diane a call. Here is a link to the page with the dash on it http://californiacustomroadsters.com/cacr2.html
That would work. I like how you have done the door hinges, where r they from? Maybe add to the pics, where you get parts that you don't make yourself. I'm watching your pics closely, learning alot. Thanks, keep them coming. Mike J.

That would work. I like how you have done the door hinges, where r they from? Maybe add to the pics, where you get parts that you don't make yourself. I'm watching your pics closely, learning alot. Thanks, keep them coming. Mike J.

Mike,
The hinges came from a model T and I bought them on Ebay as well. As far as where I get my parts from, all brackets and suspension parts have come from RPM. The fiberglass dash and deck lid came from CCR. The fiberglass tail light pockets were made by Pro One and need a lot of work to get right and fix their flaws. They were made for Harley saddle bags.

Mike,
The hinges came from a model T and I bought them on Ebay as well. As far as where I get my parts from, all brackets and suspension parts have come from RPM. The fiberglass dash and deck lid came from CCR. The fiberglass tail light pockets were made by Pro One and need a lot of work to get right and fix their flaws. They were made for Harley saddle bags.
Thanks, any other pics of the interior woodwork?

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back